• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I pulled into Home depot and get out of my truck this morning, and as I start walking toward the store, I see this guy, maybe mid 40's getting his ass kicked by a sheet of 1/2 inch drywall he's trying to load in his truck. I run over and grab the other side of it and say "looks like you could use a hand", dude doesn't say anything, no big deal, he's probably bushed from the wrestling match I just got him out of. Anyhoo, I help the guy load the drywall, and when we are done I even tell him I'll take his cart to the front of the store for him, since I'm heading that way already, he just kinda nods, gets in his truck, and slams the door. Not a thanks, or have a nice day, nothing. Me and the wife kinda laughed it off, but man, people just tick me off.:dunno:

truegrit

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 23, 2009
    Highland,IN
    I helped an old lady out of a ditch yesterday she was in her 80's or 90's and drove straight in and got her car stuck. She wondered "if she should quit driving" I felt so bad since I gave up driving years ago and I'm 38. I waited with her for the police and a tow. I still don't know if a relative ever came. It still bothers me today.

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I'll say it for him, "Thank you."

Some folks are so wrapped up in their own "bad day" or are conditioned to assume that a helpful stranger is "up to no good" or wants something.

Arlo Guthrie - Last Train
    Maybe you've been lying down in the jailhouse
    Maybe you've been hungry and poor
    Maybe your ticket on the last train to glory
    Is the stranger who's been sleeping on your floor

Top Bottom