• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Well I posted this in the NFA section but since it is my first modern AR-15 I figured i would post it here also for giggles. Tell me what you think. Oh yeah, if your considering the NFA route just FYI, it took me 118 days to get the stamp for this one.

Rock River Arms LAR-15
    LMT 11.5" Upper
    Noveske Flash Fider
    Tango Down Stubby Foreward Grip
    Magpul CTR Stock
    Magpul Moe Grip
    Yankee Hill Machine 2 Piece Drop in Forearm
    Yankee Hill Machine Flip Up Rear Sight
    Magpul PMags
    RRA Lower Parts Kit
    White Oak Armament Hand Tuned National Match Trigger
    FN M-16 Bolt Carrier Group
    Badger Ordance Tactical Charging Handle & Latch
    Gear Sector Single Point Attachment & Sling
    Engraving by Orion Arms

IMG_0671.jpg

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    With the stamp I have about $1650 in it as it stands. I didn't skimp on anything, I went quality on all the parts and bought everything brand new. The 2 piece forearm was cheaper then a free float, but I think they are much more sturdy and I prefer them.

After a red dot and light/laser it will probably end up at about $2200'ish

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Probably an EoTech or Aimpoint. I want to buy something approved by the department in case I ever decide to go back through rifle school again and requalify. However, I couldn't use this upper. Nothing under 16" is approved.

JosephR

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    NW IN
    LMT doesn't make an 11.5" barrel or upper. Who did you buy that from? It's most likely a Bushmaster but if you're really really lucky, it's a Bravo Company!

mconley

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 17, 2008
    Hendricks Co.
    Probably an EoTech or Aimpoint. I want to buy something approved by the department in case I ever decide to go back through rifle school again and requalify. However, I couldn't use this upper. Nothing under 16" is approved.

Will they aprove a trijicon tripower. It has no magnifaction, tritium cheveron, runs mostly off fiber optic, but also has a battery back up. Nice Piece.

Culpepper

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Indiana
    Does the KX3 on a 11.5" barrel come pretty close to 16"?

If you interested in a good optic and want to watch your budget, look at the Aimpoint C3. Waterproof to 15', 50,000 hr (5 yrs roughly) battery life on one 1/3 N battery, comes in 2 and 4 MOA dot and you can find them for under $350. Add a LaRue mount and you are set.

I would stay away from the Tri-Power. The battery life if horrible, the caps are easily lost, when the batteries are used the fiber optics glow making a nice target and it requires two 1/3 N batteries. Personally the chevron was hard to use at long ranges.

r6vr6

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 28, 2009
    Granger
    Very niiiiiice. I don't like the pig but it's not my gun, I think its too long. However I'd love to shoot a SBR to see if I liked it.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Had a chance to shoot about 30 rounds through this bad boy today at about 75 yards. Shot about 6 inches right and 4 inches low without doing any adjusting. Recoil is non-existant.

Only problem I encountered was a bad mirage between the front and rear sight after about 12 rapid fire shoots.

Looking forward to sighting it in from a bench and shooting it out to about 150-200 yards.

Top Bottom