• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GunsNstuff

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 92.3%
    12   1   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have shot and owned several guns over the years but somehow never owned or fired or even held in my hand a Glock pistol. When they came out I thought they were ugly. Real guns had external hammers. Anyway, I bought my first Glock, a G23 (3rd gen), brand new and I absolutely love it. I always thought you Glock guys were a little too in love with the brand name, but I do understand now. That G23 points so naturally and fast. It is the most comfortable gun I have ever held. I have actually been liking the looks of them for some time now but now that I have one it is really a beautiful gun.

I am rarely this impressed with anything. It shoots very tight groups to the left of whatever I aim at, so I need to adjust the sights when i get the tool for that but i could not be happier with the pistol.

fire259

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2010
    Brown County
    runforhills.gif

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    I don't believe you! Everyone knows that all Glocks make it feel like you're holding a 2X4, have an unnatural grip angle and ALWAYS shoot low and left!

But congrats on the new Glock anyway!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Don't adjust your sights! Let me guess, you are right handed. It is common to see police officers with their sights pushed to one side because they don't use proper trigger control. It is almost always NOT the gun. hopefully more people will chime in and confirm what I am saying here, but I will almost guarantee it is the shooter and not the sights.

BTW welcome to INGO and congrats on the Glock. Welcome to the dark side, our koolade is better :D

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    54   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Drinkin' the Glock Kool-aid...sweet!

Besides Ruger's...I've owned more Glocks (7) than any other brand of pistol. They do have a fast, natural fit to the hand, and point naturally! 1911'a are great guns...but for a semi-automatic, I prefer a Glock!

Congradulations.....and welcome to the dark side! :koolaid:

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Congratulations on your first Glock! ...it wont be your last! :D

Oh, yeah, and don't drift your sights just yet. Put a couple thousand rounds or five through the pistol and, somehow, your sights will drift themselves (must be from all those rounds going down range or something :dunno:). It's pretty incredible how much better my pistols shoot now than they did when I got them. :D

Somewhere on the internet there's a target chart that can help diagnose trigger control, grip, and associated targeting issues. If you do any research at all you should be able to find it ...or it might somehow magically appear in this thread later. ;)

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    First time I had my Glock 27 out I was shooting a bit left. A little trigger finger adjustment and I'm hitting my point of aim. I LOVE my Argentinian Colt 1927 (1911) but for carry it would be the Glock.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    Congrats and welcome! Like others, I own more Glocks than any other brand; I'm up to 5 now (17, 19, 22 & 2 model 21) and I don't see the number stopping there!

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Somewhere on the internet there's a target chart that can help diagnose trigger control, grip, and associated targeting issues. If you do any research at all you should be able to find it ...or it might somehow magically appear in this thread later. ;)

Here it is for Right handers:
    diagn_right.jpg

Left hand one can be found here

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Great guns. Hard to beat them for out of the box accuracy, reliability, and effectiveness.

Gaston Glock had never designed a handgun before the Glock 17; he didn't know that guns were supposed to fail. So he made one that didn't. :D

Top Bottom