• ...and so much more!
  • phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    Flat Dark Everything

I painted my John Deere rifle several years ago as a demo gun.

IMG_1640.jpg

With all of the craziness going on, and considering I'm no longer offering any refinishing work, I decided to turn it into a functional gun. I had only ever run it as a 22lr with a Ceiner kit and I have a dedicated 22lr upper. It took several weeks but I found the parts I needed, stripped the old paint, laid down the new and bought some new furniture. I never expected the Magpul FDE to be such a close match to the FDE Norrell's I had on hand.

IMG_1965_zpsdf4b2cd5.jpg

IMG_1962_zps19d77c39.jpg

Now I just have to decide if I want to paint the Comp M4. It'll require using DuraCoat which I don't have on hand. I don't think I'll be in a rush, going to shoot it first and see if I like the Comp in this configuration. I haven't seen anyone install a continuous rail onto an A2 upper so I thought it would be a bit unique in that regard.

I'm pleased with it. I completely disassembled the rifle, including the rear right assembly and coated everything individually except for the front sight post, rear sight aperture and the rear sight leaf spring which were coated black.

Last edited:

Pooty22

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Crawfordsville
    That's a great looking gun! Is there any way I could get you to do a grip for me? I have a Magpul FDE stock and the grip I got isn't even close to the same color.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That's a great looking gun! Is there any way I could get you to do a grip for me? I have a Magpul FDE stock and the grip I got isn't even close to the same color.

I only painted the metal parts, the Magpul stuff I bought as FDE. The Norrell's I use has to bake in a 300* oven for an hour so it won't work on the polymer stuff.

What rail is that, C? Is it a free float or is it a supported drop in?

It's a Troy Delta Battlerail. It's a drop in free float, it only makes contact with the delta ring & barrel nut.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Very nice! I like your FDE better than the sand colored FDE I got. Mines more like Flat Light Earth. Looks good!

Top Bottom