• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    I couldn't find a place that sold a brass catcher that would attach to my Glock 19, so I fabbed one up. I used a Simmons 1" weaver ring and a fishing net. The total was about $12.50 and 30 minutes. The rings are sold in pairs, so the cost per catcher would be about $9.

I have only been able to test it by manually pulling the slide back, but if it works by that method, then it should work when firing.

It's not the prettiest thing, but it saves searching for the brass. :):

l_a948b161dd8598c4b75a46e995859869.jpg

l_731df9854e16de78967fb5838aba6fff.jpg

l_8de3170b4531ce0ac20dd413ec5cfc8f.jpg

l_6aa327c41a148f11b26f4e58afe7d343.jpg

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    you really don't want to have to bend over do you :):
    It's not that, so much as it's the grass/hay at my grandmother's house. We shoot out back of her house in the field and it's hard as hell to find anything that hits the ground out there.

This is just a temporary 'fix' until I can find the mesh/net I am looking for to build an upright unit.

Ri22o

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2008
    Speedway
    Looks effective. How badly does it affect the balance of the gun?
    In holding and pointing, I haven't really noticed any difference in the balance.

I only plan on using this when I'm shooting, just to shoot. I won't use it when I need the gun to be in my edc configuration.

Yes, like I said, it looks goofy, but form < function.:rolleyesedit:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    I heard a rumor a while ago about them doing a movie adaptation of Tom Clancy's No Remorse. Perhaps you should contact the producers and see if they would like to use this instead of the custom machine job on John Clark's 1911 with .22lr adapter.

In all seriousness, while it looks pretty stupid you can't argue with a $12.50 bubba job like that. :)

Erebus

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 16, 2008
    Indy
    WHAT, No Remorse movie?!?! Thats my favorite book of all time! In fact, I'm reading it right now for about the 5th time hahaha

Hey Nick, I was thinking about it last night....we could just lay down a tarp where we shoot, and the casings would land on it?

I like the fishing net idea, I was wondering what you had in mind :)

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 12, 2008
    WHAT, No Remorse movie?!?! Thats my favorite book of all time! In fact, I'm reading it right now for about the 5th time hahaha

Hey Nick, I was thinking about it last night....we could just lay down a tarp where we shoot, and the casings would land on it?

I like the fishing net idea, I was wondering what you had in mind :)

I just checked IMDB and it lists nothing - like I said, rumor. To be honest though i'm not sure I'd want them to do a movie adaptation...it'd take a very good director to pull it off, without it being some retarded explosions-every-five-minutes actionfest.

Yeah spreading out a few tarps to the right of and behind you isn't a bad idea at all.

Pitmaster

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    South Bend, IN
    I use a 10 x 10 tarp which works great. I spread the tarp out behind and to the right. Most of the brass lands on it. Works for when I'm shooting from one place. But if I'm shooting and moving nothing works.

Top Bottom