• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    A lot of people I know that like guns like cars, and vice versa, so I figured I'd post my current project up. I deal a lot with Turbo Mitsubishi's, and enjoy working on them.

[Step 1] Purchase A Broken Vehicle....
    indy.jpg

indy3.jpg

indy4.jpg

indy5.jpg

indy6.jpg

[ Step 2] Organize the parts the previous owner gave you.
    A lot of parts are hidden under the black table, but they'll be organized later. ( Intercooler pipes, intercoolers, mounts, etc... Unimportant stuff currently )

Organize.jpg

Organize2.jpg

Organize3.jpg

Found this big blue steel table just sitting outside for weeks, so I sanded a bit and painted it black. I think it'll outlive me, the sucker ways about 150lb's. Solid steel!

I couldn't forget the stickers on the toolbox. You don't have a real toolbox unless there are automotive stickers on it.

Stickers.jpg

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Picked up a transmission last month for the car.
    Transmission.jpg

Bellhousing.jpg

Spent about 3 hours on the engine bay today, just cleaning the sides and firewall. I'll be doing the rest when I pull the block.
    driversidedirty.jpg

driversideclean.jpg

driversideps.jpg

driversideall.jpg

BEFORE
    passdirty.jpg

AFTER
    passclean.jpg

passall.jpg

enginebay.jpg

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Polished plenum, needs a little work, but looks pretty good as is...
    polishedplenum.jpg

Nice underdrive pulley, and engine is complete from power steering pump to oil pan. I'll have a good deal of parts to sell when I get this car done. I need to sell the conquest so I can order the timing belt, water pump, tensioner, and pulleys.
    bigredengine.jpg

Has nice powdercoated valve covers, fuel rails, and a polished thermostat housing. NGK wires, and a few extra goodies.
    bigredengine2.jpg

bigredengine3.jpg

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Looks good, i had a awd talon a couple of years ago, now i have a ls1 car...cars and guns are expensive hobbies, lol

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    How did he do that?

Said his brother was driving, the car was tuned for 93 Octane. I'm assuming his brother put in 87, or him/brother attempted to the tune the car after he got it tuned somewhere, and it blew up. ( A poor tune will kill an engine very quickly )

The car was EXTREMELY well taken care of. It's in great shape, has an extremely nice head unit, battery relocated to the back, and upgraded speakers in the door and rear. Even has new tires, brakes, and a bunch of misc stuff.

Fenway

no longer pays the bills
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2008
    behind you
    Looks like it will be great when finished. I'm not up on DSMs. Weren't they also badged as Stealths at one point. A buddy of mine had something similar in high school.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    Looks like it will be great when finished. I'm not up on DSMs. Weren't they also badged as Stealths at one point. A buddy of mine had something similar in high school.

I hope so, a lot of work is going into it!

DSM = Diamond Star Motor ( Eclipse, Laser and Talon )
    3/S = 3000GT and Dodge Stealth.

All are mechanically identical to their counterparts. The stealth is the same thing as a 3000GT. Stealth was made from 91-96, the 3000GT made it a few more years to 99.

Ruiner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 27, 2008
    West Lafayette, IN
    They are great cars, and it's hard to beat them for performance for the money you spend. The black car in my signature went 12.80's with 300 dollars into it for performance.

I bought it back in 03 and have put over 50k miles on it, with 30 of those making over 500 horsepower.

Top Bottom