• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Finally got it figured out. Going from not knowing jack squat about CNC programming, I'm finally making programs, uploading them into the lathe and making cuts. It's off .0005. :eek: Not sure if I can work under those conditions!! I can cut angles/tapers but have yet to try any radius cuts. Thats next on the list. I may try to turn a 1022 barrel. I can get a Green Mountain barrel blank for about $60. I have a program written to turn the breech end and I have a tool that will put a nice radius crown on the muzzle. Also thought about making an aluminum kubaton. Any other ideas????

No Time to Shoot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Finally got it figured out. Going from not knowing jack squat about CNC programming, I'm finally making programs, uploading them into the lathe and making cuts. It's off .0005. :eek: Not sure if I can work under those conditions!! I can cut angles/tapers but have yet to try any radius cuts. Thats next on the list. I may try to turn a 1022 barrel. I can get a Green Mountain barrel blank for about $60. I have a program written to turn the breech end and I have a tool that will put a nice radius crown on the muzzle. Also thought about making an aluminum kubaton. Any other ideas????

This is something I would love to learn how to do some day.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    I have a couple of "ideas" we should discuss in private. :D

I might stop by sometime in the near future, if that is alright.
    I would love to see your CNC!

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    You could start threading post ban era AR15 barrels for FHs..... $60- $75 is the prices charged by others now....

I run CNC machines daily, but our programer programs so we have to touch tools on the part on every setup, vs coming up from the chuck, jaws or table... it does make edits easier but the setups take longer...

Well, good luck and just play and you will get the programming down very fast, go slow, single block thru your first run and leave plenty of room above the part in your stops.

Any assistance I may be of, just IM or email me, Im not a programmer just a machinist that edits evry program our programmer writes!!!;)

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    The local VFW has indoor .22 shoots in the winter ,Like a turkey shoot with shotguns in summer ..

Would be intresting to do a smoothbore custom build for just that sort of thing :D

And yes they do it with .22 shot loads just like the shotgun turkey shoots

it's actually pretty cool

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    WAAALLLLAAAHHHH! An 1:1 scale, aluminum .308 round. Finally figured out how to turn a radius. I have the program written to turn a complete .308 round, only had enough stock to turn a partial. I have a reloading manual and could turn almost any round in existence. Would make for some really cool keychains.....maybe with the INGO logo engraved on them.....:D

CIMG1812.jpg

Pics!, Pics!, Man WHERE ARE THE PICS?

hotrodtba

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jun 4, 2008
    Ossian
    Looks nice.

I have been a CNC machinist on 3 and 4 axis mills for about ten years. Last week, I switched to CNC lathes. We have 5 Okuma's at our shop, what kind do you have?

I am a mill guy at heart, but I am enjoying the change of pace on the lathe, and look forward to becoming proficient at it, and thus expanding my range of skills.

I just built a 10/22 suppressor host with a bull barrel. I have been toying with the idea of fluting the barrel on one of our CNC mills with the 4th axis in it. Might have to hit you up for a refinish job afterwords.

Top Bottom