• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    essrice, what is the OAL of your SBR (or what did/will you put on the paperwork as the OAL)? I am trying to figure out what to put on my paperwork for my Draco SBR and no one seems to have any idea. I know that with a folding mech the gun would be about the length of a 10.5" AR SBR so I was hoping you might be able to throw some number out there.

PS, have you sent your stamp out yet?

Last edited:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Ok let's bring this thread back from the dead for a much-needed UPDATE!!

First, and most importantly, I was FINALLY able to get downtown and drop-off my Form 1 for CLEO signature. Parking on the street was $.50 and the fingerprints cost me $6. I also stopped on my way home and got a $200 money order. Add in a $.44 stamp for the SASE I included with the forms.

So let's officially start the clock on this Form 1:

1. NFA Item: SBR - Spike's Tactical ST15 lower receiver
    2. Form Type: Form 1
    3. Transferee Type: Individual
    4. Forms dropped off to CLEO (Marion Co): 10-11-11
    5. Forms returned from CLEO:
    6. Forms Sent to ATF:
    7. Forms Received by ATF:
    8. Check Cashed:
    9. Pending Date:
    10. Approved Date:
    11. Forms Received:
    12. Examiner Name:

I've also added a few more items to the build. Actually I just switched out parts to better parts.

First was a weaponlight upgrade. I wanted something smaller and lighter than my Streamlight PolyTac/VTAC mount combo. You can see my search here: https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...small_compact_lightweight_weaponlight_ar.html

I picked another Streamlight product, the PT1L and the latest version of the VTAC mount. I EDC a PT2L and have been very satisfied with it, so I picked the PT1L as it is powered by a single CR123, making it very short and light. The only downside is that now the VTAC mount looks disproportionally large. I've been toying around with the idea of trying out a Gear Sector mount, so maybe that will be my next step.

2q809jr.jpg

bhajut.jpg

I also switched out my grip.

My favorite AR grip has always been the ERGO Suregrip, due mostly to its rubbery surface. But I wasn't a fan of its low-profile finger grooves or round shape.

For this build I initially installed the Magpul MOE grip, due to its flat front, its squared-off angled shape, and the fact that it matched my RVG. The only thing missing was the rubbery surface I prefer.

A few weeks ago Magpul finally released their MOE+ grip, which is the MOE with a rubbery surface. Perfect!

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/bradis_guns/170886-thanks_bradis_shooter521.html

i2nc51.jpg

2nben86.jpg

So that's all for now! I don't have any other parts to buy, unless I'm replacing something. In a week or so I'll get my Form 1 back and then I'll forward it to the ATF.

Should be some sweet shooting this Spring! :laugh:

Last edited:

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Man ESRICE, I remember reading you thread while I was still thinking about a Draco SBR and I got my paperwork in almost 2 months ago (still not pending) haha you sure took your time with this one :)

I just ordered my PTL2 for EDC, so maybe a PTL1 will go on my SBR (depending on the rail I decide on).
    I like all these AR SBRs though, one might be in my future... although i should probably finish a few of the things i am working on right now first.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Well at least you got to put 300 AAC on your caliber list haha making me think harder about an AR SBR build

One build at a time jtgarner, one build at a time or you will never finish any of them

*sigh*

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Another UPDATE.

I got my Form 1s back from CLEO, so they are headed to the ATF on Monday morning. :alright:

As I've changed the configuration around a bit in the last few weeks I thought it might be time for another price breakdown. :D

• Spike's Tactical stripped lower - $85
    • Noveske DDMK18 10.5" complete upper - $875
    • Noveske/Troy front flip-up sight - $75
    • LaRue/Troy rear flip-up sight - $119
    • Noveske QD endplate - $10
    • Aimpoint H1 in LaRue LT-660 mount - $600
    • Magpul BAD lever - $30
    • Magpul RVG - $24
    • Magpul XTm rail covers - $35
    • Ergo rail covers - $20
    • BCM Gunfighter charging handle - $45
    • VTAC light mount - $24
    • Streamlight PT1L - $45
    • Daniel Defense QD mount - $15
    • BattleComp 2.0 - $165
    • Ident SBR Engraving - $57
    • Spike's Tactical enhanced LPK - $150
    • Magpul CTR stock kit - $150
    • Magpul enhanced buttpad - $20
    • Magpul MOE+ grip - $17
    • Form 1 costs - $207
    Total Rifle: $2,768

Peripherals:

• Urban E.R.T. single/double-point sling - $50
    • CMMG .22 conversion w/3 mags - $245
    • 30rd PMAGs (3) - $43
    • 20rd PMAG (1) - $13
    • Magpul Ranger Plates (3) - $15
    • Blue Force Gear DAP SBR case - $97
    • Eagle Patrol Bandoleer - $35
    Total Rifle + Peripherals: $3,266

Estimated future costs:

• ? ? ?

I've got another joint-custody "weekend" coming up tomorrow. :D I'll be sure to update this thread with some pictures, as well as the enormously huge giant and EPIC range report that I'm sure will come from tomorrow's gathering at the range. :ar15:

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    Also, I think now would be a good time to start locking in guesses as to when I'll receive my approved Form 1. Its being sent out on 10-31-11.

My guess is March 29th, 2012 (that's also my wedding anniversary ;)).

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Also, I think now would be a good time to start locking in guesses as to when I'll receive my approved Form 1. Its being sent out on 10-31-11.

My guess is March 29th, 2012 (that's also my wedding anniversary ;)).

My guess is March 28th, and you'll have a decision to make...go shooting on the 29th, or spend some time with the Mrs....

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I got a chance to weigh my upper on shooter521's lower, which is configured very similarly to its eventual lower.

Unloaded with no magazine it weighed 7.6lbs.

Top Bottom