My Ammo trip and the definition of a hoarder.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • edsinger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 14, 2009
    NE Indiana
    The definition of a hoarder? Its when you goto at least 5 different places that sell ammo and you realize you have more than they do.

Anyhow, I took a trip to Warsaw today to just check on things and see whats there.

First Stop - Robertson's - Hmm, not as big a selection as I had heard and a bit pricey as I did hear. Guy working was nice per se so not all bad.

Second Stop, Big R - Wow, they had quite a bit of ammo but some was rather pricey and some was not. I got a 500 rd brick of Blazer .22LR for $15. They had one more left. I picked up a few things that I thought was worth a try. A can of S&W gun oil for $4. Finally a .17 Cal cleaning kit for my pellet gun (Was it ever dirty!) and also got 1000 .177cal Daisy flatnose for $5. Got some .45 Golden sabre for a decent $30/25. I got some .44 platinum tips for $25/20. Got some 00 Buck for $4.5/5. Anyhow a good haul.

3rd stop - Eagle Creek - Nice guy and very friendly. Had some unique guns such as a double barrel black powder shotgun. Had some Raging Bulls that were not to bad on pricing etc. All in all a nice shop, ammo was a bit high but almost all gun stores are that way.

4th stop - Eagle Creek Shooting supplies. Had a fair selection and was very friendly. Prices not to bad but not much ammo. Had a beautiful wooden buckmark but it was too much $$ for me.

5th stop - Wally World! BEST stop of the day. They sell rifles there! The prices were very good, so good that the wife gave me the look. I almost bought a Rem 700 in 30-06. Had 597's for less than $200. You can even order what one you want. This is where I will be buying my next rifle I think. Guys were very friendly and such and I asked how could they still sell rifles and was told that some Wal-Mart's still so but it is getting more difficult because of the liabilities etc. They had 9mm, .40 cal, .45. I bought a 100 rnd of WWB of .45.

Just an afternoon out with the family....

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    Congrats on the great day! I wish my wife would go with me to that many places in one day. And yes some Wal-marts still sell guns. Muncie North still has them but unfortunately Portland (where I work now) does not.

hountzmj

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 14, 2008
    SE Indiana
    Robertsons? Do you mean Albertsons? On 30 just east of town.

You also missed the guy out on Old 30 west, near where Big Lots used to be. Can't remember the name off the top of my head.

Of the 2 Eagle Creeks I like the one on Argonne Road better. The two stores used to be together. They decided to part ways about 18 months ago IIRC. I've always had good service from both owners. But the store on Argonne is non smoking. Which I prefer.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    The Wabash Big R has good prices an they sell alot of handguns, even though
    they don't have a huge selection.....hountzmj, is the store on Argone ran an
    owned by a Jay Jacobs??? Grew up with that guy as kids but haven't been there
    yet.

INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    Wow ...I live less than three miles from Eagle Creek on Argone and didn't realize there was a gun store so close. Then again, I rarely get over to that side of town. I'll have to take a trip over there.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Sounds like a good day! There is also Little Hawk Guns and Knives on Lake over by Penguin Point and the old Big Lots. I was actually just there on Saturday. Not a huge selection, but a nice guy snd good for some conversation.

JAH

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    I can't be a hoarder I still have space for more ammo:D And I won't have a probem shooting it all myself:ar15:

AmericanBob

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    May 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    they don't have a huge selection.....quote]

man, i never realized they sell guns there. i go by it all the time and always say i'm gonna stop in there because i haven't been to one in a LONG time. i typically wind up on the east side of 15 though at dunhams and t.s.c.

maybe next trip.....

clt46910

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Akron Indiana
    they don't have a huge selection.....hountzmj, is the store on Argone ran an
    owned by a Jay Jacobs??? Grew up with that guy as kids but haven't been there
    yet.

Yes, Jay owns that one. Ask him about his bear hunt...LOL

Top Bottom