• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • xxkornxx56

Marksman
    Sep 12, 2011
    Clinton
    I am looking at replacing my factory a2 flash hider in my 16 inch AR. I have looked at various brakes and comps at various prices and as far as performance and value go have been leaning towards the spikes dynacomp. Any first hand suggestions?

sig1473

Master
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I have a BCE 1.5 and it is really nice. I also had a Spike's Dynacomp which was nice as well. You can't go wrong with either of them. BCE 1.5 is below

attachment.php

PKendall317

Expert
    Jun 23, 2012
    Mooresville, IN
    I'm leaning towards replacing my A2 with a Battlecomp 1.0, although I have heard good things about the BCM comp and the Dynacomp although have no first hand experience with either of them. A buddy of mine runs the Battlecomp and he loves it, and it seems to have a pretty good street rep. I've also heard good things about the BCM that Bravo Company has on the market, and from what I can tell it seems like a Battlecomp clone but with a lower price tag.

MAG58

Plinker
    Feb 22, 2012
    I run the Rainier XTC on two of my guns for no other reason than when I was bored they had a smoking deal on them. I like them and they do reduce what little recoil an AR has, but I've never actually used another brake so for all I know they could be pretty crummy.

That said, take a look at this:

AR-15 Muzzle Device Comparison « Vuurwapen Blog

ctbreitwieser

Master
    Jun 14, 2011
    DuCo.
    I always thought muzzle brakes were more for show than anything. Then I got a Miculek comp for my 3 gun rifle and I can honestly say it's the best $35 I've ever spent on a gun. I'd put one on all my ARs if I didnt have a suppressor instead.

Htrailblazer

Sharpshooter
    Aug 13, 2010
    Franklin
    I just ordered the JP Cooley, was going to go after a miculek but they were out of stock everywhere. The JP ended up only be $20 more anyway.

baddyna96

Sharpshooter
    Jan 12, 2013
    Demotte, IN.

Brown Dog

Plinker
    Oct 17, 2013
    Brownsburg
    We have run just about everything out there with the Bravo, and Griffin being the best compromise...until we ran the new Lantac Dragon. It you haven't seen the video try to find someone who has personally run one. Simply amazing, and they will soon be available for 30 cal.

mvician

Master
    May 19, 2008
    NW Indiana
    I am looking at replacing my factory a2 flash hider in my 16 inch AR. I have looked at various brakes and comps at various prices and as far as performance and value go have been leaning towards the spikes dynacomp. Any first hand suggestions?

Do you have a specific reason that you are wanting to change from the standard birdcage?

Tombs

Grandmaster
    Jan 13, 2011
    Martinsville
    Best brake I've used by far is the surefire SFMB. The price is undoubtedly worth what it gives you. The rifle moves less with the SFMB when firing than my 8 pound ruger 10/22 does.

Best meaning: Minimum concussion to shooter, most neutral muzzle movement, little to no increase to noise for the shooter.
    It does increase flash in comparison to the A2 birdcage, but I wouldn't consider the flash as bad as a bare muzzle.

I've had a few others like the rainer XTC, those things are annoying. Obscene amount of concussion and noise sent back to the shooter and a very violent push down and left from the brake over-compensating.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    First you need to decide what exactly you want-- flash suppression, muzzle rise mitigation, or a little bit of both. From there you have many choices in each category.

Check out these threads for more helpful information.

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/115912-contemplating-compensator.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/67749-flash-suppressors-muzzle-brakes.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/144217-review-a2-vs-battlecomp-2-0-a.html

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...-vs-yhm-phantom-vs-pws-fsc556-pics-video.html

I didn't do this testing myself, but it was a very well put together series showing various muzzle devices: https://www.indianagunowners.com/forums/accessories-gear/230699-great-series-brakes.html

Top Bottom