• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    Pretty interesting story. Reminds me of an old cowboy movie about a gun that was used by the good and the bad guys. Remingtons are tough SGs!

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    From the article: "the gun had been extensively altered and modernized."

I KNOW WHO DID IT!

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oXaJqZmXwkY&feature=related]YouTube - KEL-TEC SUB 2000[/ame]

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    It was probably the cops that did it! No one would ever think to look in the PD armory for a murder weapon.

You know, I was going to reply to this and talk about how the OP was being paranoid, then I read the article and realized it was a civil rights leader murdered in the south. So yeah. Probably was the cops.

Frank_N_Stein

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    79   0   0
    Nov 24, 2008
    Beech Grove, IN
    You know, I was going to reply to this and talk about how the OP was being paranoid, then I read the article and realized it was a civil rights leader murdered in the south. So yeah. Probably was the cops.

Yeah, because we murder a lot of people, especially public figures. Funny how Al Sharpton escaped Indianapolis alive when he was here a couple weeks ago.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Yeah, because we murder a lot of people, especially public figures. Funny how Al Sharpton escaped Indianapolis alive when he was here a couple weeks ago.

There's a big difference between police in Indiana in 2010 and the police in Kansas City (or anywhere in the country, for that matter) in the 1960s and 70s. There's absolutely no denying that there was serious corruption and racism running rampant through police forces in that time period.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    From the article...
    “We should not have let a murder weapon walk out of our property room under any circumstances,” Lockhart said
    Why? :dunno:

It's not like the SG sprung legs and left the bldg and then decided to go on a shooting spree killing people? Oh wait since the SG's life started off stolen (from store) that means it was going to have a "bad" life and go around killing people hu?

I'm not sure I fully understand this? The SG is a piece of metal that was/is used by man. ???

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I'm pretty surprised that any police department is still using a 40 year old shotgun for anything. Most of the cops I know have a fairly new gun in their holster every few years.

bobcoop06

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    Marshall County
    That is pretty interesting...

They were probably taking a load of weapons to get destroyed and someone said "Hey! This is the same thing we carry, no sense in getting rid of it. Put that one back in the car!".

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    There's a big difference between police in Indiana in 2010 and the police in Kansas City (or anywhere in the country, for that matter) in the 1960s and 70s. There's absolutely no denying that there was serious corruption and racism running rampant through police forces in that time period.

I have to agree. It was definitely a different era. I'm not saying the police DID engage in murder, but it would be foolish to ignore that it is a possibility. That being said, I would speculate that perhaps the firearm was stolen out of the evidence room and sold, then the PD inadvertantly purchased it back :dunno: Who knows.

Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Detroit
    Pretty wild timeline on whee that Shotgun has been in the last 45 years. Amazing that it went undetected as a Murder weapon for so many years. Makes you question who the assailants could have been.....

Hmmmmmm......

downzero

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 16, 2010
    I also have my doubts that any shotgun could be ballistically identified. Ballistic evidence, even on rifled firearms, is more BS than science. I highly doubt there's any legitimate, concrete evidence that this firearm was the murder weapon.

Top Bottom