• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    The Secretary of the Army announced today that the Army will provide combat uniforms in the MultiCam pattern to all Soldiers deploying to Afghanistan in support of Operation Enduring Freedom, starting this summer.

Pretty sure the Marines already have this, glad to see something more practical being issued.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    Pretty sure the Marines already have this, glad to see something more practical being issued.

The Marines wear a digital pattern known as MARPAT; one version for desert, one for forest/jungle.

Glad to hear about the decision; too bad they had to waste time and taxpayer $$ evaluating other home-grown solutions instead of just choosing something off the shelf that works (Multicam) to begin with.

How long before Multicam is made general issue for all theaters? We can only hope...

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    the only thing ACU hides you from... grandma

ACUCouch.jpg

22lr

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 8, 2009
    Jeff Gordon Country
    Lets hope its made better than the ABU, three different colors shades and if you mix and match from different manufacturers it looks like complete crap. But ya, the ACU is a really dumb idea to begin with. BDUs were better than those things.

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    bout time, having worn both the old BDUs in both desert and woodland and then being switched to ACUs, i want my old BDUs back, looked better, worked better and they didnt stain or tear as easy. lets hope they get rid of the velcro crap too, all you hear is the ripping of velcro anymore and its stupid

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    From what I am hearing the AF is redesiging the ACU's........ way to hot and people are having issues passing out ect ect...... apparently it is the IR fabric that has a lot to do with it and they made it ok to remove it to help with this issue.

I am told the new ACU's are as hot as the old BDU winter's.....

The mechanic's don't really like them because they don't hide grease and dirt well.

MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    I missed the days of starched BDU's with creases bloused over highly spit shined green jungle boots.:xmad:

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    I missed the days of starched BDU's with creases bloused over highly spit shined green jungle boots.:xmad:

No green jungle boots but I did have a pair of black ones. The best starch and crease job came from Division Quatermaster it was $3 a set for a wash and press job and worth every bit of it! :):

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green

No green jungle boots but I did have a pair of black ones. The best starch and crease job came from Division Quatermaster it was $3 a set for a wash and press job and worth every bit of it! :):

Tell me about it I feel like a sh*tbag in these ACU's...

The korean drycleaners outside the East gate at Hood are the best!!!
    Just do NOT tell them heavy, heavy starch... ;)

Cwood

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 30, 2008
    NE Ohio
    Tell me about it I feel like a sh*tbag in these ACU's...

The korean drycleaners outside the East gate at Hood are the best!!!
    Just do NOT tell them heavy, heavy starch... ;)

I tried a Korean dry cleaner outside Riley and they did not do a good job and they were slow on the turnaround! :cool:

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    The ones at hood had a 4 hour turn around and were $2.75...

They are also the only cleaners I ever had that never double creased the uniforms.

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    I just wish the Army Politicians would make up their damn mind on what camo pattern we are going to use! I am getting tired of every couple of years having to mothball my gear... I could open a damn surplus store out of my garage!

The ACU pattern was decided on because of all the night urban fighting that we tended to do. Multi-cam is a retro throwback to what we used in the island hopping of WWII and Korea. Have seen it used here in Afghan, it is no more effective than ACU's.

Whoever the genius was that decided that only one camo pattern would work for the entire world needs to crawl out from behind their damn desk...

Top Bottom