• AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    I thought this was interesting.
    A demonstration on the 460 Rowland, by Johnny Rowland out of a Master Piece arms pistol and a carbine.
    Looked impressive.

.460 Rowland

kingnereli

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2008
    New Castle
    Cool video. I have been intrigued by .460 Rowland for a couple years now. I haven't bit yet because I'm worried about ammo availability and practicality. I'm sure it would be well suited for self defense, but I've never fired .460 Rowland so I don't know about recoil and controllability. It is also another round that should be legal for dear hunting that isn't so I couldn't use it in that capacity either.

I have also been disinclined to mess with a higher pressure cartridge in a 1911. Now that they introduced a conversion kit for the XD line I may give that a try and go from there. To the OP, thanks for renewing my interest in this cartridge and forcing me, against my will I assure you, to spend money on things I really don't need. :):

AllenM

Diamond Collision Inc. Avon.
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    136   0   0
    Apr 20, 2008
    Avon
    yea I sold a 1911 conversion kit to a guy at work and may get it back. I am think this would be a great gun for bowling pins.
    I have shot it many times in 1911 recoil is not too bad, very manageable.
    If it were legal to hunt with T think I would get the carbine :)

theturtle06

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 24, 2009
    Denver, CO
    Looking on that site it seems like a good deal of thought was put into the desiging of the round. The fact that you can use .45 ACP reloading equipment is a huge bonus as I am guessing that dies for obscure calibers like this can be prohibitively expensive sometimes.

Top Bottom