• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rcflyer

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    Just moved to Ft. Lauderdale, FL from Brownsburg, IN. Boy am I glad I have my CCW permit. Have to get it transfered to FL however.
    Gun prices down here are ridiculous. Wish I could buy some of the guns in the classified's on this site and have them shipped to me without a FFL involved.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    We moved back from Florida in '07. Enjoy yourself there. Such a laid back state! Check out the Natural Springs there!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I went the other way in 07

Just moved to Ft. Lauderdale, FL from Brownsburg, IN. Boy am I glad I have my CCW permit. Have to get it transfered to FL however.
    Gun prices down here are ridiculous. Wish I could buy some of the guns in the classified's on this site and have them shipped to me without a FFL involved.

I moved back to Indiana after living for five years in the Ft Lauderdale area and am happy to be here. It has become to expensive to live there and if you don't speak Spanish forget it. One thing in your favor is a good buyers housing market but taxes and insurance will dig into what you save on the house purchase.

Interesting to hear how you enjoy it in a couple years. Enjoy the winters, they are the only good thing about So Florida from my experience. Good Luck.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Gunbroker and the Sigforum classifieds both have plenty of FL sellers. Check out Sigforum classifieds for FTF stuff. And enjoy it there! And do check out the springs and rivers. The crystal clear spring fed rivers are truly a natural wonder. For the life of me I don't know why the tourism bureau doesn't advertise the rivers and state parks more in the ads they run on TV here in the winter. Crystal river and the Itchetucknee (which I hope I spelled right) are awesome. if you'll snorkel for a while you'll see all kinds of stuff... three foot gar, not uncommon. It's amazing.

Top Bottom