• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2008
    Question for you, Tom (or anyone else who may know?)

I currently wear my Phantom IWB by way of the easy-on, easy-off IWB over-belt hooks. I really like this set up, mainly due to the ease of donning and doffing.

My question is this: Can this same type of mounting hardware be used on a mag carrier; but allow the MC to be worn OWB? Like perhaps by mounting them on the opposite side?

I have a mag carrier but, to be honest, I rarely use it because threading it through my belt every time I want to take it on/off is a PIMA. :D (and my A is ample; that equals a larger than normal pain)

Thanks,

-J-

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    The IWB options do not work well OWB. I attempted this with the over hooks and the mag pouch would come off the belt when torqued in different directions and would lean outward due to the lack of pressure on the mag pouch. There is just enough gap in the hooks that they require the pressure of your body against the mag holder to make them work.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Apr 30, 2008
    The IWB options do not work well OWB. I attempted this with the over hooks and the mag pouch would come off the belt when torqued in different directions and would lean outward due to the lack of pressure on the mag pouch. There is just enough gap in the hooks that they require the pressure of your body against the mag holder to make them work.

That's kind of what I was thinking... I just didn't know how to articulate it. :n00b:

I really would like a quick-detach mag pouch to wear OWB. I know there are a few rather well-regarded ones out there. Guess I need to do more research!

Thanks for your opinion, MK18, i appreciate it.

-J-

pftraining_in

Sharpshooter
    May 19, 2009
    IN: South of I-70
    I had forgot this option. I played with this setup at the 1500 and was thinking of other equipment I could mount this way.

These are the OWB Soft Loop Wings.

OWB%20Soft%20Loops.JPG

Top Bottom