• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • firehawk1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 15, 2010
    Between the rock and that hardplace
    Just got off the phone with my brother inlaw who is living on the farm up there. His son pulled in the driveway one night last week and spotted what they say is a mountain lion crossing the front yard. He told me the animal was as large as their golden lab and had a long tail and the head was a cat's head/face. Any one up there spotted any? This sighting was northwest of Crawfordsville just past the WCVL radio studio.

I have a camera up in the woods there taking videos, I'm going to pull the SD card tomorrow and bring it home to see if there are possibly any videos with the cat on it.

1donos

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I seen what I am sure is one around the big walnut creek in northern putnam county 18 years ago. I am sure they are still around and can travel a wide range. Of course according to everyone else they do not exist.

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Mt. Lions in Indiana......Yes.

But the story would be better if it was about a Cougar in someones yard....Cougars are more fun than Mt. Lions.

Here ya go, a bunch of cougars in the yard.

y3ftc.jpg

aaron580

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Nov 27, 2012
    Morgan County
    :popcorn:

Looks like I need to head up that way to our friends farm and see what I can see...maybe try out the new 10mm when I end up with it.. Odd that a mountain lion is spotted in crawfordsville considering its pretty flat... Would expect something like that down by me!

Tuffenough22

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    About 4 years ago they had a trail camera contest at the Sportsman Warehouse in Lafayette. Someone had a trail cam picture of a cougar just south of Veedersburg.

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    My two cents...

More than ten years ago I was driving up I-69 to Marion. I saw what I assumed, by size, to be a dog down off of the highway in a field. When it jumped I can confirm, without doubt, that it was a Mountain Lion. I've seen them in other states, I've been introduced to a few and this was most definitely a Mountain Lion. I called DNR to report it and was told, in laymans terms, that I'm mistaken.

We also didn't have white tailed deer in this state for quite some time. I don't suppose that the predators would ever follow the prey....

They're here, they're real and they're rare still. If there are liberals nearby, I'd be more nervous as the liberals seem to oppress the numbers of hunters thus increasing the amount of prey.

Adrian8

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Do not believe a thing the DNR tells you about the possibility of mountain lions...they are known "fabricators of the truth". The big cats do exist, the only question is .."Where did they come from?"

jburris

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Oct 21, 2008
    henry county
    I seen tigers and a black bear in henry co. once. a guy had them in his back yard in really big cages. as far as mountain lions always heard rumors of one around middletown. havent seen one personally.

Top Bottom