• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    ... Nice riding weather today upper 50s. After getting home detailed her and put some seafoam in the fuel, plugged in the battery tender and covered her up. The forecast doesn't look too good.
    Nice bike!

Same here with the riding weather. Wife and I took out our bikes and did some riding early this afternoon. Didn't get them washed but they are now plugged into their respective battery tenders. I still have some work to do on her motorcycle, I lowered it, but apparently too far. Now I need to raise it a bit :rolleyes:

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    Just got home from a ride. It’s 47 and misting rain. I was completely comfortable and stayed dry in jeans and a a hoodie. Really love this bike. :)

5AEBBACA-61B6-4380-B448-F48A37955ED2_zpsofyytugi.jpg

Last edited:

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I'm shopping tires. I'm pretty hard on the rear tire and again my rear is beginning to square off.

I've always gone with the inexpensive Shinko's and am happy with their performance (other than the possibly unavoidable squareing.) It looks like Pirelli Angels are being marked down to only 20ish bucks more than the Shinko's. I'm thinking about giving the Pirelli's a try. Anyone experienced with these?

melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I'm shopping tires. I'm pretty hard on the rear tire and again my rear is beginning to square off.

I've always gone with the inexpensive Shinko's and am happy with their performance (other than the possibly unavoidable squareing.) It looks like Pirelli Angels are being marked down to only 20ish bucks more than the Shinko's. I'm thinking about giving the Pirelli's a try. Anyone experienced with these?

Just replaced a set of Bridgestone with a set of Michelin Road 5 tires.

I seriously looked at the Pirelli Angel but saw a few (not many) reviews were it was unstable at some speeds. The Road 5 user reviews indicated it sticks like glue on wet and dry roads but slips a bit on gravel.

I can choose to avoid gravel most of the time but I can't always escape rain so I opted for the wet traction advantage of the Road 5 tires. Not much experience in wet weather (probably less than 20 miles total in the rain with them) but I do like how they feel on dry pavement, don't seem to get stuck on tar snakes either.

Indyhd

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    I couldn´t believe how much better the wind and rain protection was on the Wing until I traded it in on another Ultra Classic. The Wing was waaaaay better.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    I couldn´t believe how much better the wind and rain protection was on the Wing until I traded it in on another Ultra Classic. The Wing was waaaaay better.
    I’ve never ridden a Harley bagger. My plan was to get an ultra one day, but honestly as much as I love my gl1500, it’s very likely my next bike will be an 1800. I’ll miss the sound a bit, but this thing has extended my riding season to at least 9 months, maybe more.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    95   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Interesting tale from a YouTuber I follow...

[video=youtube;rXMzwcqtK2c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rXMzwcqtK2c[/video]

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Just got back from a 2 hr ride on this nice day!!

Big win for me, first time I have been able to put a regular boot on my foot after surgery. It was 2 months.

Don

Rating - 96.4%
    27   1   0
    Oct 22, 2011
    Lebanon
    A couple of proof grabs from our trip to the Smokies last week....

[FONT=&amp]
    WvctYp4.jpg

[/FONT]
    [FONT=&amp]
    kU33Kib.jpg

[/FONT]
    I got some Dragons Tail photos when I was there first of November. I bought a 2020 Ultra Limited and took her to the tail the next day. She handles like a dream. Who’s going to the expo in February?

Top Bottom