• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • OHMSLAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Henryville
    Had a wreck finally, not good. Just taking a drive last thursday out hwy 356 and went off the road in a curve just outside lexington IN. Wound up in a ditch with about a foot of water in it. The bike came out better than I did it seems, the wife said she doesn't see any dents just broken turn signals. I on the other hand got a helicopter ride to U of L for a broken ankle. Had to call 911 myself (noone else could get a signal) all the emt's were great. First one on scene asked if I would unload my weapon for him and he turned it over to Scott Co police. Called Scott Co police the other day to get my weapon and the officer said he would release it to my son, got it back yesterday. Now I have to wait 10 days for the swelling to go down so they can operate on my ankle. Right now I have rods sticking out of my leg and foot to hold them together.

Anyway everyone BE CAREFUL
    and keep me in your prayers

Protest

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2010
    SW Michigan
    Had a wreck finally, not good. Just taking a drive last thursday out hwy 356 and went off the road in a curve just outside lexington IN. Wound up in a ditch with about a foot of water in it. The bike came out better than I did it seems, the wife said she doesn't see any dents just broken turn signals. I on the other hand got a helicopter ride to U of L for a broken ankle. Had to call 911 myself (noone else could get a signal) all the emt's were great. First one on scene asked if I would unload my weapon for him and he turned it over to Scott Co police. Called Scott Co police the other day to get my weapon and the officer said he would release it to my son, got it back yesterday. Now I have to wait 10 days for the swelling to go down so they can operate on my ankle. Right now I have rods sticking out of my leg and foot to hold them together.

Wow, glad you're going to be ok. I'm sure it was harrowing.

Welcome to INGO!

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    +1 On being ok!

I mean a broken angle isn't good by any means, but better than some alternatives.

Also welcome to :ingo:!

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    Right now I have rods sticking out of my leg and foot to hold them together.

Ewwwwww.

Did they put you on one of these? :stretcher:

But I know how ya feel. Once had my ankle fold up so the inside of my foot touched the inside of my leg. Ankle injuries suck. Still, if that's the extent of the injuries, you came out okay, IYKWIM.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO

been there done that with the rods and pins outside my leg. and now I have a rod an 5 pins permently in my leg.

took about 8 surgerys for them to finally admit they couldn't do anything to help me, still contimplating a medical malpractice lawsuit considering how much pain I am constantly in .

EvilleDoug

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2010
    Evansville
    Wow, if this had been a gun story we would have bee informed as the caliber, make, model, holster worn and whether it was cc or oc. I did not see one word about the bike. What kind was it?

Glad to here, for arguments sake, that you're OK. I hope you make a quick recovery so you can get back out and ride.

Take care and I will send a prayer out for you.

Le Doug

Gpfury86

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 17, 2010
    like being shot in the spine and paralyzed?

Well I'd say alternatives is pretty wide open, but if u get shot in the spine and paralyzed while riding riding your motorcycle, you my friend are havin a bad day. :stretcher:.....

Kinda what I meant was at least he didn't loose any limbs, like a guy I know, or become a vegetable or something. A lot of guys that don't wear helmets usually skip the trip to the hospital, and go straight to the morgue.

As a rider, I dread seeing guys go down hard.... Hope ya make a full recovery and get back on a bike OHMSLAW.

ihateiraq

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Upinya
    Well I'd say alternatives is pretty wide open, but if u get shot in the spine and paralyzed while riding riding your motorcycle, you my friend are havin a bad day. :stretcher:.....

Kinda what I meant was at least he didn't loose any limbs, like a guy I know, or become a vegetable or something. A lot of guys that don't wear helmets usually skip the trip to the hospital, and go straight to the morgue.

As a rider, I dread seeing guys go down hard.... Hope ya make a full recovery and get back on a bike OHMSLAW.

thats why i refuse to buy a bike. i already know what would happen to me. im too reckless.

OHMSLAW

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2010
    Henryville
    Thanks to all and by the way I was riding a 1982 Honda V45 Magna. I was carrying a witness .45 in a fobus thumbbreak holster.

buffalo-springfield40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 26, 2010
    Thanks to all and by the way I was riding a 1982 Honda V45 Magna. I was carrying a witness .45 in a fobus thumbbreak holster.

thought ya said you was riding a motorcycle?....just kidding.....ride em long enough, and you'll end up in a ditch sooner or later..glad your still above ground....:rockwoot:

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield

Glad you are ok, a buddy of mine had to sort of drop his R1 when he was not paying attention for a second and almost ran into a guy....... he ended up sliding in front of the bike and saw the bike coming down and to save the bike damage he put his foot out to help save it and regreted it the second he did it.......... ended up breaking his ankle also.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Hope you recover soon! Looks like someone was looking out for you :) I find it interesting that the EMT asked you to unload and turn over your firearm. Did he offer any reasoning for this?

Top Bottom