• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sponge80

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2013
    Monrovia
    Ok what is your take on Mossberg slug gun verses Remington slug gun, i've had a remington 870 express and like an idiot I traded it but that thing kicked like a mule. Now I use a HR 44mag which is single shot, but just got permission to hunt a new property and would like something that is a little quicker on reload. I have a Mossberg 500 but can't find a rifled (cantilever) barrel for less than $200. Do I hold off and just buy another 870 or buy barrel for Mossberg or i've even seen on here a Mossberg 500 w/ cantilever barrel for $80 more than just barrel. Decisions, Decisions.

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    FWIW, I had a Mav 88 with a Slugster barrel and a Remington 870 Express with slug barrel. Wasn't too impressed with the Slugster, actually lopped a few inches off (and the front sight) to make it more HD friendly (~19 from 24") then re-tapped for a bead.

Didn't care for the sight picture, the really fine front blade was difficult for me to pick up and accuracy wasnt' much better than using my 20" cruiser with bead (though I did only test Rem Sluggers and Win Super-X rifled types). So I kept the 870 for deer season and chopped on the Slugster.

sig1473

Master
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    May 28, 2009
    The Greater Good
    I own 2 870s so I am kind of biased, but I wouldn't hesitate to own a Mossberg. I had a Mossberg 930 SPX and it was nice, but I traded it towards a Colt 6450. Both are reliable platforms. An used Mossberg will be cheaper on the wallet though.

remauto1187

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 25, 2012
    Stepping Stone
    Sell what you have to and take the $$$ and pick up a used/new Remington 1100 or 1187 and be done with it. Shotgun will take care of deer, turkey, ducks, geese, dove, trap, skeet and even elephants if you aim for the right spot without beating your shoulder half to death. :laugh:

Used 1100 run around 300-400 depending on what barrel it has and how proud the owner of it is. Many turnup on gunbroker that pawnshops have for sale.

Top Bottom