• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    I recently purchased a 500 & it started having "issues" & had to send it to mossberg service center in texas ,was wondering has anyone had any experience with them.I called them & they basically said box it up & UPS it to them with a brief explanation of the problem .I bought the gun used & seemed fine but when loaded with shells ,The shell elevator would jam & not feed consistently plus had an unexpected slamfire incident (finger off trigger ,safety on) & fortunatly just a hole in the wall (already fixed wall ,no pics sorry) but really wondering what to expect to pay for the service call if anything??

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Wow, that sucks about your wall. Sorry to hear you are having problems and I am glad nobody got hurt. I do not know how Mossberg's customer service dept. is so I am sorry I can't help you there. Please let us know how it turns out.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I received a Mossberg 500 in .410ga. as a gift a few years back. It came stock with the fiber optic sites.

Try as I might, I could not get this gun zeroed in. I couldn't even find paper at 25 yards!
    I finally found it to be impacting roughly 26" right of center, and 11" low of center, AT 25 YARDS!

This was one of two consecutive serial number guns, purchased at the same time, both with the same problem.

Called Mossberg customer service. They said box them up (just the barrels) and wait for a shipping label.

They paid shipping, and we had two brand new barrels that were now dead-on at 100 yards, and all free of charge!
    Our repairs took about 2-3 weeks.

+1 for Mossberg customer service!

deadsquirrel

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Carmel
    I have had a good experiance with mossberg customer service as well. Sent me the part i needed no questions asked (except the serial # which is expected).

drgnrobo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    ft. wayne
    Thats what I was hoping to hear,I am not the original owner so I dont know if anything was monkeyshined on it or not. I have owned mossys in the past & never had this type of problem but I will keep updating on whats going on with the cust. serv. No one was hurt but I almost s*** myself for sure.

Top Bottom