• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I recently got a mossberg 930 home security model and want to put a different front sight besides the bead. I've already installed a rail to add a ghost ring sight in the future, but wandering what options I have and how easy is it to switch it out myself? :dunno: I have access to a lot of gunsmithing tools so any help as to a front sight would be great. Thanks in advance :ingo:

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I'm pretty sure you can buy the same front sight as the 930spx and install on the front with a clamping system. That sight set is not cheap though which is what makes the spx economically a good deal in outright purchase. Those big front sights are welded on at the factory... though often not straight! Lol

What is your barrel length? Have you considered simply replacing the entire barrel with the spx model?

iufan2010

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 18, 2011
    southeast side of indy
    I have the 18.5 inch barrel. I haven't looked into the barrel option because it already came with 2 barrels. But if the cost isn't much more than the sight itself, ill just buy the barrel

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    This is the de facto review for the 930 SPX and a wealth of knowledge.

Mossberg 930 SPX Review

There have been issues observed over time:

* Many barrels came with the welded sights canted.
    * Some receivers has the rail screws tightened in too far into the receiver.
    * Some magazines extensions were bent and/or cross-threaded.

There were a variety of other issues observed, but those are the biggies. If you take some time, you can avoid all of them during the purchase process though. If you miss one, Mossberg will take care of you though you may have to exercise some patience.

IMG_9717a.jpg

Top Bottom