• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cldedhnds

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 17, 2013
    Hendricks
    I have had one since last November but only had it out a couple of times since due to scarcity of 22 ammo. Mine has fired well but I have read of many people who have had plenty of issues with theirs. It's a PITA to take down and clean, the magazines are hard to find, or were for me since I wanted to stock up in case the ban had gone into effect. The mags also need tweaking and will occasionally not load more then 10 rounds due to the design and can be loose fitting in the magwell. It is extremely picky on what type and brand of ammo it will eat and absolutely loves CCI tactical if you can find it. Mine is the flat top version which I have read is liked more than the carry handle version. Do not expect much support from Mossberg if you run into any major issues as their customer service can be a bit lacking. Probably not allowed to mention other forums but a ton of info specific to the 715t on mossberg owners.com- apologies if this breaks a rule. All in all this gun is fun to shoot but there are a lot of issues you can run into. :twocents:

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    Bought one from a guy at work that needed the money to replace a broken IPhone. Mainly picked it up with the intent of reselling to make a little profit since it had 2-25rd mags and the box. Took it out to the range and it was picky with ammo and personally I thought it was a POS. I would have probably sold it buy now, but my daughter liked shooting it and the fact it didn't have the recoil of my AR's (but with the similar look) so for now I still have it. Man, what we do for our princesses:):

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    I don't own one but have shot one and messed around with it a little. IMO, junk, a pain to take down and just cheap looking altogether. It shot ok, but had a couple ftfs, which could have just been the bulk Winchester I was using. I'd spring the extra cash, if possible, for a S&W 15-22. Much better tool.

12many

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jan 29, 2011
    over there
    I don't own one but have shot one and messed around with it a little. IMO, junk, a pain to take down and just cheap looking altogether. It shot ok, but had a couple ftfs, which could have just been the bulk Winchester I was using. I'd spring the extra cash, if possible, for a S&W 15-22. Much better tool.
    Think I might try to get my money back on the 715 and get the M&P 15-22. Sorry to hi-jack your thread, but anyone have any experience with the M&P 15-22?

ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    137   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    Don't do it. Mossberg 715T is junk. Had one for about a week and was happy happy happy to get rid of it. It is basically just a 702 Plinkster with an AR looking clamshell.

S&W M&P 15-22 is at the other end of the spectrum. GREAT gun. I have a 15-22, Ruger 10-22 and GSG-522 and BY FAR the 15-22 is my favorite gun to shoot. Plus it taught me a lot about AR's design so I felt more comfortable moving up to a .223/5.56 rifle.

jtbriles

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    Outside the box
    Don't do it. Mossberg 715T is junk. Had one for about a week and was happy happy happy to get rid of it. It is basically just a 702 Plinkster with an AR looking clamshell.

S&W M&P 15-22 is at the other end of the spectrum. GREAT gun. I have a 15-22, Ruger 10-22 and GSG-522 and BY FAR the 15-22 is my favorite gun to shoot. Plus it taught me a lot about AR's design so I felt more comfortable moving up to a .223/5.56 rifle.

15-22 is hands over fists better than the 715T, especially if you have it before a 223/556. But a 10/22 was my first 22 so it will always hold a special place with me.

brownhornet

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2013
    Mishawaka, IN
    I took a look at the Mossberg and it felt like an airsoft gun. It has way too much plastic for me. I ended up getting a 10/22 tactical. It feels solid to me and it has a good reputation, I don't think I'll ever need to buy another 22 rifle unless I want a bolt action. If you want to have some fun, take a look at the HK 416. I loved that thing except the price, it was almost $700.

Top Bottom