• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    I'm looking to upgrade my Mossy 500A for Christmas. I've read some forums and websites that suggest that I can't swap forends because of the slide bars on the stock forends. :dunno: Is there a way to mod this or to buy a slide tube to replace the long slide bars? I want to get a black synthetic forend to match the collapsable stock I'm buying. This will hopefully be the finished product but all black. :D

MRW4100_01_medium.jpg

Has anyone done this? I'm also curious about attaching the heat shield with the ghost ring sights. Will that mount with no modifications to the receiver/barrel?

karodger

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    Northside Indy/Lafayette
    Just figured out that the problem was with new 500A's which mine is not :D anyone have experience with the collapsable ATI stock? are others better?

Has anyone used the ATI heatshield with ghost ring sights? Is it easy to install? are the sights any good?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    I'm not trying to knock your desecion. Just something to think about. With the safety being placed on the back of the reciever, it's a pain to get to with a pistol grip. You will have to disengage the safety, then place or hand on the pistol grip. I think it's a better idea to be able to keep your hand on the stock with your finger outside the trigger guard, and being able to reach the safety. In a case where you might have it cocked and locked with the safety on, and have to use it. The Remington 870, in my opinion is a better choice for a pistol grip. Like I said just some food for though. As for the ATI stock, I have no personal experience. Though I have heard a lot of good things about them.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    the ATI heatshield will get the job done.easy to mount.i just think its too "cheap" feeling.plastic ghost ring sights held in by 1 screw.they can get off a little bit after so many shots.atleast i have experianced this..the ATI adjustable stock isnt bad but im sure theres something better.i had both of these items on my mossy500,decided to take em off eventually.went back with the syn. stock and fore end w/no heatsheild.

jesse485

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Apr 21, 2008
    La Porte
    I'm not trying to knock your desecion. Just something to think about. With the safety being placed on the back of the reciever, it's a pain to get to with a pistol grip. You will have to disengage the safety, then place or hand on the pistol grip. I think it's a better idea to be able to keep your hand on the stock with your finger outside the trigger guard, and being able to reach the safety. In a case where you might have it cocked and locked with the safety on, and have to use it. The Remington 870, in my opinion is a better choice for a pistol grip. Like I said just some food for though. As for the ATI stock, I have no personal experience. Though I have heard a lot of good things about them.
    :+1:
    My parent's have a Mossy with a PG, and I have one with the standard stock. Mine is much easier to use due to the straight stock. If you go with a PG, you may want to consider keeping the gun "cruiser ready" with no shell chambered, and the safety off.

Gungho_1989

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    SE IDPLS
    Mossy's arent the best shotty for a PG set up as has been pointed out.
    The only good option for the mossy on ghost rings are Factory or LPA's both of which can be daunting on installation price due to the front sight needing to be silver soldered,
    I usually avoid heat shields as well as the type with Ghost rings we used to carry them but quit due to the poor quality and questionable usefulness,

Top Bottom