• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • PurduePharmD

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2012
    Atlanta
    I've been looking for a grip similar to this for awhile without finding one I completely loved. Thought I'd share the following pics:

pistolgrip.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

So that's the standard Mossberg pistol grip and here's the new Raptor grip:

raptorgrip.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but the youtube vids are promising. I figure I'll wrap it in some camo-form tape after I the next 1500 rolls around.

parts.jpg
    [/URL][/IMG]

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I've considered one for my truck for a long time (pistol grip shotgun). A family let me run some rounds through theirs at Clark County Forestry Range in the fall and it was easier to shoot than I thought.

I like the looks of that Raptor grip. Seems like it'd be a good grip but not sure how it'd be shooting with all that force.

Please let us know...

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I bought the Pachmeyr grip for mine. What a difference it made! The plastic stock grip just hurt your hand. Probably the best change I made to it. I also added a fore grip, Reflex Sight, flashlight/strobe, lazer and a side shell holder. It's crazy fun to shoot clay with!

I don't want to jack a thread but I can post a few picks.

Last edited:

686 Shooter

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Feb 20, 2010
    Huntington County
    I have a few pistol grip shotguns, if you can shoot from the hip, they're ok. My personal opinion is the birdshead grip is a better choice, it allows the gun to recoil straight back, instead of directing the energy to your wrist as with a conventional pistol grip.

LtScott14

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   1   0
    Apr 13, 2008
    Porter County
    Raptor grip looks cool. Does it still meet the 26 in overall length for shotguns? I know they consider gripped shotguns as pistols requiring a LTCH to carry.
    I also added a slider/pistol grip/ full stock to my Pardner Pump and it does make a difference with recoil. (I call it a tactical defense weapon now).
    They work well.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Raptor grip looks cool. Does it still meet the 26 in overall length for shotguns? I know they consider gripped shotguns as pistols requiring a LTCH to carry.
    I also added a slider/pistol grip/ full stock to my Pardner Pump and it does make a difference with recoil. (I call it a tactical defense weapon now).
    They work well.

It adds to the length from what I can see in the picture. So It should be fine. I am curious to know how it handles. It looks like it would slide back in your hand. Any comments from the shooters?

Stubz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    Alexandria, IN
    Just wanted to say I'd ordred one of these Tuesday ~ noon, it arrived in my mailbox Today (Friday) around 4pm. Awesome turn around and fairly happy with the feel, definitely better than a normal pistol gripped shotgun.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Have you shot it yet? I am curious. My Pachmeyr grip is comfortable. I even shoot clays. I do get crazy looks though :D. Range report please!!

Top Bottom