• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Got a moss. 500 12 in trade( for a 14 year old $125 crossbow):yesway: a few weeks ago, just got a 18" smooth bore for it today.Came with a slug barrel. Took a handful of shells out to the range to test it out this afternoon. I had a bunch of 2 3/4" skeet loads and a hi brass goose load. I mixed em up and stuffed 'em in the magazine. Fired the first two low brass and the goose load fine but the round after the goose load failed to fire. I reloaded it( didn't look at the primer:n00b:) and tried it again . Went off the second time.
    Wanted to see if it would do it again so I got a new box (25 ) of some federal high brass #4's and it ate every one of them without a hiccup. Can the hammer spring on these things go bad? Anyone else ever have this problem? I wanna be able to depend on this thing.
    Don't tell me to get an 870 either that's not gonna help me.:D

VUPDblue

Silencers Have NEVER Been Illegal !
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   1
    Mar 20, 2008
    Franklin Township
    Firing pin hole is probably crudded up. Shotguns tend to have that problem when they've been run hard and not totally cleaned in a LONG time. Don't get me wrong, they are workhorses, but if you run one long enough it'll crud-up and you'll get FTFs. I even experienced this problem with an O/U of mine after a year or so of weekly trapshooting. My best guess is that the first failure came after about 3,000 rounds.

outlaw2842

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    ive had this with a few older ones i picked up.just needed a good hard cleaning.now their all good no issues at all

Cpt Caveman

Master
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   1
    Feb 5, 2009
    Brown County
    Well, it sure was dirty when I got it but it was completely disassembled and cleaned. Bolt included. I guess I'll just put another 50 rounds through it to make sure its got all the hiccups out before I count on it for a home defense weapon. The hammer spring retaining pin at the back of the trigger assembly seemed to want to wander sideways out of one side or the other and get hung up on the stock . Maybe thats what happened. If that pin moved and wasn't holding the hammer spring as far forward as it should then it might not hit the primer hard enough. I'll disassemble it this afternoon and let ya'll know whats up with it if I can figger it out.

Top Bottom