• ...and so much more!
  • BC9

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 31, 2010
    Fishers
    I have a 1937 Mosin 91/30 & am having some feeding issues with it. After I load the magazine, I can feed the first shell OK, but when I pull the bolt back to feed the second shell, that second shell tends to want to stand up - I've had some stand straight up. The third shell will usually try to stand up, too. Four & five usually feed pretty well. Whether I run the bolt quickly or run it slowly makes very little difference, though they tend to not stand up as far when I do it slowly. It's the bullet end of the shell that rises. I can push it down with my finger & it will feed OK, but it's a real nuisance having to do that.

Mosin gurus, I need your help. Any thoughts on what might be causing this and any suggestions on how to correct this issue will be much appreciated.

Thanx in advance.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are you loading it such that the rim of the "next" cartridge is always in front of the rim of the cartridge below it? If the rim of the top cartridge gets behind the rim of the cartridge below it it will cause you problems.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    Are you loading it such that the rim of the "next" cartridge is always in front of the rim of the cartridge below it? If the rim of the top cartridge gets behind the rim of the cartridge below it it will cause you problems.

True, but I can't see it causing the round to stand up. It usually prevents you from even cycling the bolt forward.

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 4, 2011
    NWI
    i had some feed issues on mine and after looking noticed the feed ramp was a little bent up on the sides. also got an m44 and the ramp on them seem beefier

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Possibly the front part of the interrupter is releasing the round but the rearward part is not moving to allow the round to fully release? If you're not real familiar with the Mosin, the interrupter is the small sheet metal piece at the left rear of the breech. I've had a couple of problems with them not moving properly, caused by poor inletting of that area of the stock.

Top Bottom