• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Just took what turned into a full lunch break to get some 9mm. Another Walmart, a fun one at that. I went to the one on Lafayette Rd. Interestingly they don't keep ammo out in plain sight, according to the employee, too much theft.:dunno: I saw the 9mm 100rd value pack has been listed as "In Stock" for 2 days now, my curiosity peaked. I called and waited on phone 10 min for employee to tell me it's indeed in stock. 8 boxes. I drove 20 min there, waited 29 min for the clerk to come back and get it, 1 minute for him to tell me why it's not on the floor and 8 minutes ( drove a little fast) to get back to work, leaving me 2 minutes with no food for lunch :rolleyes:! Long story short, There are 5 boxes of 100rd 9mm Federal 115 grain left in stock. Go now!...and just know if you see as "In Stock" at Lafayette Rd Walmart, chances are its there, you just have to ask and wait! Cheers!:yesway:

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Just took what turned into a full lunch break to get some 9mm. Another Walmart, a fun one at that. I went to the one on Lafayette Rd. Interestingly they don't keep ammo out in plain sight, according to the employee, too much theft.:dunno: I saw the 9mm 100rd value pack has been listed as "In Stock" for 2 days now, my curiosity peaked. I called and waited on phone 10 min for employee to tell me it's indeed in stock. 8 boxes. I drove 20 min there, waited 29 min for the clerk to come back and get it, 1 minute for him to tell me why it's not on the floor and 8 minutes ( drove a little fast) to get back to work, leaving me 2 minutes with no food for lunch :rolleyes:! Long story short, There are 5 boxes of 100rd 9mm Federal 115 grain left in stock. Go now!...and just know if you see as "In Stock" at Lafayette Rd Walmart, chances are its there, you just have to ask and wait! Cheers!:yesway:

Is the info on walmart.com?

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    Damn wish I was n town is be there fugnut. In Ft.Wayne on a trip with wife... If anyone is around n doesn't need and picked up 3 for me I'd take care of you for it.!.!.!

Last edited:

jabbett

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 25, 2012
    You can check in-stock levels on Walmart.com, yes.

I was told by the sporting goods department associate at my local store that the websites are not always accurate. But, who knows. You are having better luck than me!

Engalwood

Expert
    Rating - 95.7%
    22   1   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Greenwood
    I usually hit em up at 4am n morning omw to work and usually they'll have .223 and 40 n stock... You usually would make a trip in afternoon a waste bc it's gone unless u got inside scoop and know something we don't. Lol

Sublime49er247

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    I am a former retail employee. Typically the websites are only updated every 24 hours at 12:01 am. It sounds like you made the right choice for lunch TaurusJR!

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I chuckled last week, went to Dunhams and they had some Wolf Military 223, so I bought 5 boxes, they probably had 50 on the shelf total. I'm not big on Wolf, but hey.
    They had NOTHING else minus some 17hmr, which I don't need much of. So we had to run by Walmart and to my surprise the young lady working the counter was a shooter. The wife and I talked to her and she told me they had a 3 box limit, but that when the 223 arrived, it would be gone in a hour max. They had one box of WWB and a Federal bulk pack, I walked out with them and that was that.

They had some of the small packs of 22lr but no bulk packs. Its kinda scary sad how people are eating it all up.

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I was told by the sporting goods department associate at my local store that the websites are not always accurate. But, who knows. You are having better luck than me!

I've found it accurate twice now...just call ahead and have them check, I didn't tell them what I was looking for, just the UPC Listed :):

TaurusJR

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I am a former retail employee. Typically the websites are only updated every 24 hours at 12:01 am. It sounds like you made the right choice for lunch TaurusJR!

I worked retail for Approx. 12 years, thankfully I'm out and doing other work now, but yes, that was the right decision, would I have rather had a Big Mac instead of biting on some brass? hmm..that's debatable!

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    A few weeks ago,I waited about 30 minutes to get some ammo at the Walmart on Pendleton Pike. The girl who finally showed up with the keys was very apologetic and ended up giving me a $10 gift card because of my wait. Sometimes patience does pay off.

lilruckus

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jan 19, 2013
    Indy
    A few weeks ago,I waited about 30 minutes to get some ammo at the Walmart on Pendleton Pike. The girl who finally showed up with the keys was very apologetic and ended up giving me a $10 gift card because of my wait. Sometimes patience does pay off.

wow at least you got good customer service there. I was Walmart on E. Washington. The computer & their inventory system said they had 5 boxes of 9mm Federal FMJ in-stock. They "couldn't" find the 5 boxes after looking for 30 minutes. The manager gave me every excuse she could think of. I'm assuming that some employee is hiding it. So, I walked out empty handed and unhappy.

Top Bottom