More Wal-Marts will be selling guns again...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    When I saw the article I wasn't even really thinking about buying guns so much. I was just encouraged that it seemed they might be swinging back the right direction after seemingly dropping firearms at most of their stores to appear more "family friendly" in the eyes of the media (or whatever their reasoning). I got the impression they stopped selling guns at so many of their stores because of image, rather than financial reasons.

I pretty much have the shotguns and rifles I want (with the exception of an AR-15), so probably wouldn't purchase anything but ammo. I'm still glad to see they will be selling guns again.

Jubba

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2010
    WAL-MART
    When I saw the article I wasn't even really thinking about buying guns so much. I was just encouraged that it seemed they might be swinging back the right direction after seemingly dropping firearms at most of their stores to appear more "family friendly" in the eyes of the media (or whatever their reasoning). I got the impression they stopped selling guns at so many of their stores because of image, rather than financial reasons.

I pretty much have the shotguns and rifles I want (with the exception of an AR-15), so probably wouldn't purchase anything but ammo. I'm still glad to see they will be selling guns again.

Wal-Mart took guns out of some stores primarily due to lack of sales in those stores and the costs/liability of selling firearms. It had nothing to do with image. Also, a lot of Store Managers did not like being the responsible person to answer to the ATF when mistakes were made by some of the associates doing the sales. I personally terminated a few for consistently making mistakes. I also drove to people's houses on occasion to get a 4473 fixed.

Jubba
    Wal-mart Manager

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    I heard on the news last night that one of the reasons they decided to do this is to "bring male shoppers back to their stores".

I also read that they've started noticing a drop off in spending towards the latter part of the months as the recession has dragged on. This is probably a case where they've decided that they were missing out on the explosion in firearms sales and the associated revenue.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    111   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Sweet, I love Wal Mart and am so excited that they are bringing back guns! :laugh: Not really, I dislike going to Wal-Mart but it has to happen sometimes. It's probably a good thing that they are getting firearms back though, it'll help regulate a little bit of pricing around anyways.

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Man, that would be great! The Wally World near us only sells Black Powder rifles, but would sure like to see them starting to sell other rifles as well.:rockwoot:

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Is it really worth saving a few bucks to not do business with the local small business gun shops? Do we really want to make it easier for Wally World to take over? Just askin' ........

rugertoter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    N.E. Corner
    Is it really worth saving a few bucks to not do business with the local small business gun shops? Do we really want to make it easier for Wally World to take over? Just askin' ........
    There are a couple of smaller shops that I do a regular business with, but sometimes with smaller rilfles like the 10/22 and such, they are asking thirty to forty dollars more for the rifle than the large stores who buy in bulk. I also buy some ammo at Wal Mart at times and save money that way. Some people just don't have a personal relationship with someone who has an FFL. I used to, but he got out of the business.:twocents:

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy

I agree.That's why so many gun stores close.
    I rather spend more and get my gun at the local gun shop.
    If I have a problem with my gun or need any help I know that I can come back and ask the gunsmith at my local store who knows way more about guns than I do.
    I would never ask anything to someone at walmart about guns.
    A friend of mine bought some ammo at walmart once.

He wanted to make sure that they have what he was looking for before going to the store so he called ahead to know if they had any boxes of 7.62x51 ammo for his AK.
    He asked "Do you have any seven six two by five one milimeter ammo?"
    And the guy in charge of the ammo at walmart said "Let me check ... No we have a seven sixty two but there is a dot bewteen the seven and the sixty two, im not sure its what you want but its all we have now." :rolleyes:

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    I'll buy ammo from Walmart, rifle or shotgun? Not so sure. Firearm purchases I'd rather pay a little more for the expertise from an actual firearm dealer.

Top Bottom