• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    More people trying to blame the gun for their incompetence. Give the LASD back their Berettas but they are only masking their already poor gun handling skills. I guess they weren't ready to come into the 21st century and use striker fired guns.

LA Times

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    Yeah, this is a person problem, not a gun problem. They were already on the rise before the new pistols... I cannot imagine that many negligent discharges either... And yes I am saying ND's! Those are not AD's! You can't say a dude tripped and his gun went off all by it's self... Nope dude tripped and pulled the trigger. That's a negligent discharge, and there have been way too many! Those guys need to get it together! 30 of them is crazy!

bobjones223

Master
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Mar 3, 2011
    Noblesville, IN
    I've had mine for three years now, and there are no holes in my house, my car, or myself.

I have had mine for five years now and have never shot anything I didn't mean to? You know on a side note I think we could compleaty highjack this thread along the lines of if people in California were brought up in a state where they were able to own and shoot guns they wouldn't accidentally shoot them when they did get one...he he..sorry had to go there.

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana

Per the article-

According to the article, the state contract used to purchase the pistols is “the subject of an internal investigation.” No specific information has been released regarding what in the purchasing process may have violated the state regulations on the handgun purchase.

While there is reference to an unspecified safety concern with the new pistols, the article clearly suggests that irregularities within the purchasing process are the cause for the investigation and return of the pistols.

While they say there is an unspecified safety issue-which I call BS on-It's clear they are returning them because either someone filled some form out wrong or forgot to grease the right person.

I have 3 M&P 9's that have done rotation as either USPSA or carry guns with tens of thousands of rounds through them, without one issue. I would like to know what Iowa's "Safety" issue was, if there even was one.

The article in the LA Times just shows you that the training that they are receiving is more than likely still based on the Beretta-a sidearm with a long, heavy trigger pull and a manual safety. Now they transition over to a different platform, and I bet they did not modify their handgun training to match.

Last edited:

captcarl

Plinker
    Rating - 85.7%
    6   1   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    L.A. County sheriff's deputies learning to shoot the Beretta were taught to rest a finger on the trigger as soon as they took aim. The mantra was "on target, on trigger."

Well this seems to be part of the problem to me?

Is this normal for all/most law enforcement? I find it pretty daunting if it is. DA striker, Double Action hammer, SA, I dont care, I would be very upset to have a LEO point a firearm at me WITH their finger on the trigger in a situation where lets say they were responding to a scene that warranted drawing their firearm and they were unsure if i was a threat yet as they entered.

The article says they are now teaching to keep finger off the trigger.... I just can't see how all of this doesnt raise eyebrows to ANYONE who has a basic understanding of gun safety.

Thanks for the input.

Top Bottom