• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ski

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2010
    Indy
    Don't count on it, there are LOTS of gun owners who don't pay attention and do not know that he runs an anti-gun administration. They're the same people voting for Dick Lugar because he's "conservative."
    I had no idea until I started coming to this site. I should pay more attention but figured a Marine wouldn't be like that. I'd gladly vote for a replacement for Lugar though.

Ashkelon

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    changes by the minute
    Straub would be much better served if he passed a "low hanging pants ordinance". If he is truly concerned about getting "illegal" hguns off the street then start making Terry stops on all the bangers wandering the city. If they are wearing a belt hung low odds are its holding up a firearm.
    Why continue to attempt to disenfranchise a law abiding segment of the population?

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    I thought Hitler, did the same thing, in 1935 he said for the first time in history, we are safe, no guns on the street..... or something like that....

runandgun44

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2010
    It is unfortunate that the city government has decided to take the same failed policies of new york, chicago, washington dc, etc. And we will end up with the same results. More victims and more crime.

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    Only way it's going to change right now, is to send a letter to the Mayors office. Not his city office, his re-election office.

Contact Us | Mayor Greg Ballard

Greg Ballard for Mayor Committee
    47 S. Pennsylvania St, Suite 300
    Indianapolis, IN 46204

Let him know straight up, if he continues down this path of punishing/restricting the law abiding, and pushing off these decisions to Frank Straub, he'll loose your support, and you'll become an active campaigner against him.

He's up for re-election in 2012.

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    I thought Hitler, did the same thing, in 1935 he said for the first time in history, we are safe, no guns on the street..... or something like that....

I know the "quote" you're referring to. It's bogus. Hitler never said it and there was no specific "gun control" law passed that year.

Your underlying point is accurate, however.

Blessings,
    Bill

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    I don't think it's the parks part that should concern people, since they're already off limits and that's unlikely to change. The concerning part is the "public property" part. What is this guy going to consider public property? Sidewalks? City owned parking garages? Streets? There's a load of places that could fit into that category, including public housing (altho recent court decisions could render those places off limits).

I found the rest of the article to of greater interest. This guy's turned the IMPD into his own little kingdom and castrated the chief of police. Looks like Indy is headed in the direction of NYC and that place is a police hell hole, on many different levels. I almost feel sorry for the people in Indy. Almost.

Unless he thinks he's going to go against the state as well, the streets are safe for carry. BTW, that's where we need to put Ballard in the next mayoral primary...out on the streets.

IMCPL gets 80% of its revenues from property taxes
    , though I've still not found whether it is technically administered by "the unit" (there is a CEO). I would see the libraries as low-hanging fruit for this fool if it fits the IC.

Schools, courts, the city-county building, etc. are already off limits.

I would imagine anything he thinks he can get away with, he will try.

IC 35-47-11-1
    Applicability of chapter
    Sec. 1. (a) This chapter applies to all units (as defined in IC 36-1-2-23).
    (b) This chapter does not affect the validity of an ordinance adopted before, and in effect on, January 1, 1994.
    As added by P.L.140-1994, SEC.13. Amended by P.L.90-2010, SEC.8.
    IC 35-47-11-2
    Regulation of firearms by units other than townships
    Sec. 2. Notwithstanding IC 36-1-3, a unit may not regulate in any manner the ownership, possession, sale, transfer, or transportation of firearms (as defined in IC 35-47-1-5) or ammunition except as follows:
    (1) This chapter does not apply to land, buildings, or other real property owned or administered by a unit, except highways (as defined in IC 8-23-1-23) or public highways (as defined in IC 8-2.1-17-14).
    (2) Notwithstanding the limitation in this section, a unit may use the unit's planning and zoning powers under IC 36-7-4 to prohibit the sale of firearms within two hundred (200) feet of a school by a person having a business that did not sell firearms within two hundred (200) feet of a school before April 1, 1994.
    As added by P.L.140-1994, SEC.13. Amended by P.L.90-2010, SEC.9.

IC 8-23-1-23
    "Highway, street, or road" defined
    Sec. 23. "Highway, street, or road" means a public way for purposes of vehicular traffic, including the entire area within the right-of-way. However, the term does not include a highway for purposes of IC 8-2.1.
    IC 8-2.1-17-14
    "Public highway"
    Sec. 14. "Public highway" means a street, alley, road, highway, or thoroughfare in Indiana used by the traveling public.
    As added by P.L.99-1989, SEC.8.

Top Bottom