Post your good samaritan stories here.

Last edited:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Not sure when the rescued 5 children happened. I want to extend a big “THANK YOU” to Elisjsha Dicken (22-year old who neutralized the Greenwood mall shooter) and Nicholas Bostic (25-year old who rescued 5 children from a burning home in Lafayette) for stepping up and facing the dangers that they did in order to save others. These young, Hoosier heroes deserve our gratitude and respect. I also thank them for helping renew my faith in their generation
    1f609.png
    . You guys are awesome! 294431349_10224650067553563_3632007253057299177_n.jpg

Last edited:

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    Not sure when the rescued 5 children happened. I want to extend a big “THANK YOU” to Elisjsha Dicken (22-year old who neutralized the Greenwood mall shooter) and Nicholas Bostic (25-year old who rescued 5 children from a burning home in Lafayette) for stepping up and facing the dangers that they did in order to save others. These young, Hoosier heroes deserve our gratitude and respect. I also thank them for helping renew my faith in their generation
    1f609.png
    . You guys are awesome! View attachment 213338

Nicholas Bostitch saved those kids from the burning house just this past month I believe.
    I drove by that house.
    All I can say is those children really do owe that man their lives.

actaeon277

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 20, 2011
    Merrillville
    You guys gave me an idea to use this thread as a place to post good samaritan stories.

I don't think there's another thread for that.
    :dunno:

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Marion, IN 2 years ago. They went into a house engulfed in smoke and fire and pulled a man out saving his life though badly burned. One of the men said God was there showing us the way out. They had to kick the door in and fire and smoke knocked them back but one got low and went in anyways and found the man, the other then helped drag him also all before firefighters got there. 8e100a34-9a88-4132-8b18-792fe8ac5668_1140x641.jpg

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    I'm putting this out for discussion because there are some things that need, discussed. Bold and underlined is my emphasis and the discussion point.

HAMMOND, Ind. — Around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, Indiana State Police troopers were investigating an incident on I-80/94 eastbound when a vehicle struck a trooper.

While troopers where investigating an incident alongside the Hammond Fire Department, a Dodge Charger was traveling east bound at a high speed when it crashed into the fire truck and another passenger vehicle. The passenger vehicle spun out, striking a Dodge Journey that was parked on the right shoulder.

This collision pushed the Journey into a State Trooper who was standing between the Journey and the barrier wall, pinning him against the wall. The trooper was able to free himself from the crash and was transported to Munster Community Hospital.

The driver of the Charger which caused the crash fled on foot and left his seriously injured passenger.

Two Good Samaritans in the area, and a trooper, were able to chase and stop the suspect. They placed their vehicle in front of the suspect, later identified as 23-year-old Brian Smith from North Carolina. One of Good Sams was armed with a handgun and drew it in order for Smith to stop.

The State Trooper who was struck was released from the hospital after treatment.

Last edited:

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    I'm putting this out for discussion because there are some things that need, discussed. Bold is my emphasis and the discussion point.

HAMMOND, Ind. — Around 2:00 a.m. Saturday, Indiana State Police troopers were investigating an incident on I-80/94 eastbound when a vehicle struck a trooper.

While troopers where investigating an incident alongside the Hammond Fire Department, a Dodge Charger was traveling east bound at a high speed when it crashed into the fire truck and another passenger vehicle. The passenger vehicle spun out, striking a Dodge Journey that was parked on the right shoulder.

This collision pushed the Journey into a State Trooper who was standing between the Journey and the barrier wall, pinning him against the wall. The trooper was able to free himself from the crash and was transported to Munster Community Hospital.

The driver of the Charger which caused the crash fled on foot and left his seriously injured passenger.

Two Good Samaritans in the area, and a trooper, were able to chase and stop the suspect. They placed their vehicle in front of the suspect, later identified as 23-year-old Brian Smith from North Carolina. One of Good Sams was armed with a handgun and drew it in order for Smith to stop.

The State Trooper who was struck was released from the hospital after treatment.

I can't tell what's bold on my screen. I'm assuming it's the drawing of the handgun, because that immediately caught my attention and concern as well.

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    My concern is if you replaced the officer involved in the accident with any other motorist and the handgun was drawn would the police react the same way?

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    130   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    Here's an article on the incident from Region News

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    Guy posted this just now on FB. I hope he doesn't mind if I post here.

My friend and client, Kystie Phillips, heroically saved the life of a police officer by using justified deadly force in 2017, just as my client Eli Dicken saved countless lives in the Greenwood mall last Sunday. Her brave actions also inspired Indiana's new Self Defense Immunity law and she recieved the thanks and support of her entire community. Still, it was a life-changing event that was very difficult to process.
    Kystie had some powerful words of wisdom and experience for Eli on Saturday's The Gun Guy Show on 93WIBC.

El Conquistador

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    57   0   0
    Jan 28, 2019
    far from here
    I'm putting this out for discussion because there are some things that need, discussed. Bold and underlined is my emphasis and the discussion point.

I was talking to a friend of mine today that is a Hammond firefighter. He said the the 2 good samaritans were construction workers that was asleep in their truck when the sidestep from the fire truck came through their windshield. The driver that caused the crash took off running and these guys chased him down and held him at gun point until the trooper showed up. He said the sidestep went about 40 yards before hitting their truck. That would be one heck of a way to be woken up.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    I was talking to a friend of mine today that is a Hammond firefighter. He said the the 2 good samaritans were construction workers that was asleep in their truck when the sidestep from the fire truck came through their windshield. The driver that caused the crash took off running and these guys chased him down and held him at gun point until the trooper showed up. He said the sidestep went about 40 yards before hitting their truck. That would be one heck of a way to be woken up.
    Was their truck parked on the highway? Or just off?

Top Bottom