• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Magneto

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    New Albany
    I have a cousin that works for a tv station there and she is always saying that "there is never a dull moment in the news room" and this just makes me believe it more and more.

Z71Gunner

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2010
    Brownsburg, IN
    Sometimes I miss the Haute...Spent 4 good years in college there. I have to agree, never a dull moment.

I miss waking up in the morning to the sight of random people digging through the dumpster behind our house looking for empty aluminum cans.

walker

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 10, 2010
    Terre Haute
    Also here in Terre Haute. About a week ago, a man tried to steal a motorcycle then a truck by the car wash at 7th and US41. The man in the truck fired a warning shot into the air and scared the theif off. Then an elderly woman was in the Old National drive through at 25th and Poplar when someone tried to robe her. When he realized she didn't have any money on her, he jumped into a waiting car and speed off. Early this summer, my neighbor behind me scared off a theif in his back yard with a shotgun. Then here recently at 11:45 at night, someone decided to start banging on my front door. When I asked who it was, they didn't answer, they started banging harder. So I asked again in a stern voice, no answer. Now they're banging even harder. During this time I grab my 357 (Charter Arms 357Mag Pug loaded with Hornady LEVERevolution 140gr FTX) . Now I'm standing in the middle of my house, I have a view of the front door and the back door (just in case it might be ploy for someone to come in from the back). The racket at the front door hasn't stoped, and they are not answering me. So I raise up the gun, sight in where I figure center mass would be if by chance they breach the door. No sooner than I bring the gun up all the comotion stops. Nobody at the front door, nobody in the back yard or down the ally, just dissapeared. Nedless to say this was a wake-up call, and a learning curve. I try to think what I done right, and wrong. I do realize now that I should have dialed 911 after arming myself.

Coach

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Trainer Supporter
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 15, 2008
    Coatesville
    When walking to the truck after night class I have heard gunfire within a couple of blocks at least three times.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    When walking to the truck after night class I have heard gunfire within a couple of blocks at least three times.

It could have been some sort of gunfire you heard but most of the criminals in Terre Haute are not that brazen to actually fire a gun. The city has directed employees to go around firing "aerial burst shotgun rounds" to try to reduce some of the crow population.

One thing with the type of crime in Terre Haute is it "usually" is something drug related or something to do with someone stealing to cash in for a few $$. Also alot of people don't make this conection, What is within or less than 40 min away from Terre Haute? 2 Federal Prisons, 2 mens State Prisons 1 womens state Prisons. Believe it or not inmates "babies mamas" family and friends move "closer" to their men (the womens prison not so much) That brings in some folks to the local area that lets just say aren't always commited (no pun intended) to working 40 hours a week.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    Yeah my 4 years in TH were interesting. The town is big enough to have everything you could want but has a very weird hick feel to it as well. Most of the crime was petty stuff as I recall mostly breaking into cars, or empty houses. There is also a large population of college kids so there is that mayhem as well. I was involved in a drive by bb gun shooting at Sonka in my years there. Other then that it was pretty tame but that was 15 years ago, The town has grown slot since then especially on the south side.

RedJester

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2011
    Indianapolis, IN
    I lived there from 1979 until 1993. In 1999 when I went to my 10th high school reunion, a few of us drove around to some of our old hang-out spots. We interrupted an apparent drug deal at Mill Dam. I guess nostalgia's not what it used to be. :)

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I was just down there Saturday night the SDX....

Whats the townspeople take on Scheids??? The place has got to be a WRECK after that weekend.. But I'm sure you all aint complaing about the $$$ it brings?

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I lived there from 1979 until 1993. In 1999 when I went to my 10th high school reunion, a few of us drove around to some of our old hang-out spots. We interrupted an apparent drug deal at Mill Dam. I guess nostalgia's not what it used to be. :)

Weird -- usually it's a whole different kind of "deal" going on at Mill Dam.

Top Bottom