• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    Been a member here for almost two years, but really didn't say much, in my initial post here. Grew up in SW Indiana, odd jobs after HS, enlisted 12/78 in the Army. Spent 5 years in Germany, in an infantry battalion, pulling security on a Pershing missle site. Medically retired, 11/2008, living in Vincennes, again and have the misfortune of being legally unemployable and on disability. Target shooting has been an interest since 1967. Own a Glock 20 and a M1 Garand. Have 5 children, 1 grandson. Youngest son, (23) likes shooting as much as I do and as a gift, for being around when I was in dire straits, I bought a M1 Garand for him. We have yet to have some range time, together.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Welcome back, OG. :welcome:

We have one thing in common anyway -- we're both extremely generous with our sons. :laugh:

So far, I've given mine a new Benelli Nova Tactical shotgun ... a new Colt M4 ... a Colt Government .45 ... a couple of knives ... and he still wants MORE.

Hey, maybe we should adopt one another and we can just give stuff to each other and cut out the kids! :):

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    From one old grunt to another, welcome to Ingo.

I enlisted in the United States Marine Corps. 1-20-1977,while still in high school. Entered boot camp (San Diego,Ca.) July of the same year.
    O.K., I wasn't really a "grunt" (0300) by definition. I was "GSE" Ground support equipment mechanic-6076 hydraulics/pneumatics "bubble-chaser".

Thank you for your service! :patriot:

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 16, 2012
    Clay County
    01253d7d442c104d0dcf54206bf6f00b.jpg

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Thank you for your service.
    Seems I am not alone in being generous to my children. All 5 of mine are sporting nice firearms I gifted to them. They all use them safely and efficiently.
    Hope you get some time with the boy at the range.

Old_grunt

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    Bloomington
    Thank you for your service.
    Seems I am not alone in being generous to my children. All 5 of mine are sporting nice firearms I gifted to them. They all use them safely and efficiently.
    Hope you get some time with the boy at the range.

We got in some range time, shooting my G20. It's the Garands we want to shoot :)

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom