• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    From what i was told it was an escaped deer or offsrping from a deer from a private highfenced reservation in peru where the owner had imported various animals. It was a pay hunt establishment. someone cut the fence and some got out. We don't have the native gene pool for deer that size. This is all hearsay. I was also told cabelas bought the deer off of the boy for $100,000. Info came from some people talkin in bass and bucks gun and archery shop in wabash.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    im buddy killed a moster this year that i posted a thread about and ive heard all kinds of rumors about it. its like folks cant be happy for someone else. ive heard "he doesn't even hunt" i cant tell you how many times ive been hunting with him. ive also heard "he killed it in a state park with a high power rifle" although i cant prove he didn't kill it in the park i know he was hunting with his 12 ga sincehe doesn't even own a high power rifle and ive sat in the stand he killed it from thats 300 yds from the state park and i just know he didn't kill it in the park. ive also heard "he killed it by spotlight" but there was shooting light when i got a call from him saying "i killed that drop tine ive been seeing".

folk are just jellious of his deer.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    We don't have the native gene pool for deer that size.

ive heard this argument all my life and i just dont believe it. i dont see how ohio and illinois can consistantly be in the top 5 big buck states and kentucky and michigan be in the top 10 but indiana doesn't have the genetics.

indiana just doesn't have regulations in place to allow for a buck to reach his potential. although we did take a huge step in the right direction when we imposed a 1 buck limit our gun season is still to close to the rut and two long. im sure ill recieve some neg rep for taking the stance of a trophy hunter but you cant make everyone happy

koenig clone

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 14, 2009
    fairmount
    i do have a question now that i have looked closely at the picture. how is that deers head standing straight up with the kid resting his hand on his ear? not hatin, just curious.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i do have a question now that i have looked closely at the picture. how is that deers head standing straight up with the kid resting his hand on his ear? not hatin, just curious.

your right that kid doesn't look strong enough to hold that head up one handed. hell im 6'2 230 and i dont think i could do that. my guess is its propped up with somthing to make it look more majestic

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    i just read the snipershide posts and you can see a rope thed to the brow tines and going up (my guess it to a limb)

i personally dont see the mule deer in this buck

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    im buddy killed a moster this year that i posted a thread about and ive heard all kinds of rumors about it. its like folks cant be happy for someone else. ive heard "he doesn't even hunt" i cant tell you how many times ive been hunting with him. ive also heard "he killed it in a state park with a high power rifle" although i cant prove he didn't kill it in the park i know he was hunting with his 12 ga sincehe doesn't even own a high power rifle and ive sat in the stand he killed it from thats 300 yds from the state park and i just know he didn't kill it in the park. ive also heard "he killed it by spotlight" but there was shooting light when i got a call from him saying "i killed that drop tine ive been seeing".

folk are just jellious of his deer.

A little punctuation and spell check goes a long way in conveying meaning.

AF92venger

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 16, 2009
    NE of Indy, but not too far!
    1) Are you serious?? Like the guy said before me, "theres a rope tied to the brow tines." All you have to do is RIGHT CLICK the Picture and save it... On most computers, ones you go to the Picture Media Folder and click on the pic you want to preview, you can ZOOM IN....Thats what I did and you can easily see the rope holding it up.

2) That is Most Definately a WHITETAIL!!! That does not look Anything like a Mule Deer!!

3) Yes, I believe that IN is a Sleeper State... I go spotlighting a Bunch (for the fun of it, and to see some of the Bigger deer that come out into the same field I hunt.) I have seen a Bunch of Boone and Crocket Bucks this year. Hopefully, I take the one I have been seeing a lot before the season is over. I guess I will just have walk and stalk him!! =)

4) Congrats to the little fella!! Thats a HUGE buck!! He will never forget that hunt!!!

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom