• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • random_eyes

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2009
    I enjoyed this off-topic quote from the online comment's in the Bloomington Herald Times newspaper:

"[we] live in a geographically constrained society ruled by laws collateralized by the state's monopoly of violence"

Eddie

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    North of Terre Haute
    When we lived in Bloomington I built a fish pond in the back yard. I dug a hole, lined it with a thick layer of newspaper and then put in a plastic liner over that. I built a little waterfall and bridge over it and stocked it with coi. Best dang use I ever found for the HT.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Golly Gee, if I rub my two brain cells together, it certainly sounds like the above quote COULD be construed as a rather good argument for the PEOPLE to have ARMS...

You know, to break up the "monopoly"...

Just sayin'...

-J-

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    "[we] live in a geographically constrained society ruled by laws collateralized by the state's monopoly of violence"

Sounds like it was written by a Ph.D. candidate. Never use simple terms when more complex ones will do and even then use them incorrectly and expect people to be baffled by the :bs:.

It would have been more simply (and correctly) stated as:
    [We] live in a country ruled by laws enforced by the state's monopoly of violence.

No definition of collateralized is appropriate in this context.

bigiron

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    NWI hiding in the bushes
    once again a person being able to write in the paper something that makes no sense. so smart people just not write into the editorials anymore or do they not publish comments that make sense?

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    When we lived in Bloomington I built a fish pond in the back yard. I dug a hole, lined it with a thick layer of newspaper and then put in a plastic liner over that. I built a little waterfall and bridge over it and stocked it with coi. Best dang use I ever found for the HT.

I hope it was opaque plastic. Otherwise I'm going to have to turn you in to the ASPCA.

Top Bottom