• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    So, she was mean to a kid with crappy grades, and didn't want him to be a failure all his life, and killed a rodent.

Since when is this the state's business?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009
    Sick.

Not glad that the State intervened, but how else was someone going to find out?

This woman has some wires crossed if she thinks that's even remotely appropriate punishment for bad grades. God****, that's ******** up. Hope the kid is sent to live with more sane, more stable relatives. Good god.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    So, she was mean to a kid with crappy grades, and didn't want him to be a failure all his life, and killed a rodent.

Was it the right way to discipline? Not in my opinion. Is it the state's business? No. NO. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

article said:
    Would he have to beat his sister to death to improve his commitment to math?

This is ridiculous. Is this really coming from a news organization?

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky

Yeah, no. Forcing a 12 year old to beat his pet to death with a hammer is pretty vile.

In your mind When does a parent using death as a punishment for their child become the states business. When its a Guinea pig? A cat? A Dog? livestock?

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Sick.

Not glad that the State intervened, but how else was someone going to find out?

This woman has some wires crossed if she thinks that's even remotely appropriate punishment for bad grades. God****, that's ******** up. Hope the kid is sent to live with more sane, more stable relatives. Good god.

How quick we are to give up parenting rights!

No, I don't agree with what she did. I think it's disgusting. But grounds for jail or CPS?

This is one incident, however ridiculous.

Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Franklin
    Yeah sounds like the mother was trying to raise a sociopath!!! If the State didn't take him away, that kid would with out a doubt become someone that would be capable of cool-blooded murder.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 29, 2009

No, I don't agree with what she did. I think it's disgusting. But grounds for jail or CPS?

It's illegal to torturously-kill animals, AFAIK.

Moreover, it bespeaks a serious mental instability.... that kid is definitely traumatized. He's committed murder against a lesser mammal for no greater crime than getting unsatisfactory grades. His mother sounds like a real piece of work. Killing animals for sick pleasure is one of the signs of a budding serial killer... but it sounds like she already well-matches the rest of the criterion. It's one thing to spank your kids. It's quite another to force them to MURDER THEIR PETS... and there's quite a distinction, sir.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky

I'm very confused on where you guys seem to be setting the bar at?

In my little world, I figured that Forcing a 12 year old to beat his pet hamster to death with a hammer would be more than enough to warrant police involvement.

But what is the line for you guys here? Stabbing the family dog to death with a soldering iron? Boiling the Cat?

(that and i'm pretty sure its against the law to beat things to death with hammers for s**** and giggles anyway)

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    I'm not agreeing that it's an OK or even legal thing to do.

But it's one incident, albeit very stupid, and this woman may now cease to see her child.

That just rubs me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's awful parenting and with a TREND I'd agree with CPS action. But 1 time. 1 stupid thing. And she may never have her kid again.

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    I'm not agreeing that it's an OK or even legal thing to do.

But it's one incident, albeit very stupid, and this woman may now cease to see her child.

That just rubs me the wrong way.

Don't get me wrong - I think it's awful parenting and with a TREND I'd agree with CPS action. But 1 time. 1 stupid thing. And she may never have her kid again.

1 time? 1 stupid thing? SHE MADE HER MINOR CHILD BEAT HIS PET TO DEATH WITH A HAMMER!!!!!!! :bash:

groovatron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 9, 2009
    calumet township
    Hmmmmmm....this is a tough one. On one hand, I don't like Uncle Sam sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. On the other, someone needs to slap this b***h around. I'm going with my first instinct and saying that if killing family hamsters with a hammer is her parental philosophy, then that is her right. As long as she is not physically abusing the child, then what can you do. Parents have been screwing their kids brains up since the beginning of time. This is nothing new...other forms are just more socially accepted.

38special

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Mooresville
    Where do you draw the line?

What about parents who "force" their kids to BRUTALLY hunt deer.

Their minors - they can't make decisions. Clearly hunting animals is barbaric. We better jail the parents and take away their kids.

Where does it start? Where does it end?

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Hmmmmmm....this is a tough one. On one hand, I don't like Uncle Sam sticking it's nose where it doesn't belong. On the other, someone needs to slap this b***h around. I'm going with my first instinct and saying that if killing family hamsters with a hammer is her parental philosophy, then that is her right. As long as she is not physically abusing the child, then what can you do. Parents have been screwing their kids brains up since the beginning of time. This is nothing new...other forms are just more socially accepted.

Well she was Charged with Animal Cruelty (legit seeing its against the law to beat pets to death with hammers), Child Cruelty (Forcing a child to commit an an illegal action, especially one that is sick and twisted), and Battery (was not explained.)

Parental philosophies arn't valid when they violate the law

Last edited:

The Meach

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 23, 2009
    Nobletucky
    Where do you draw the line?

What about parents who "force" their kids to BRUTALLY hunt deer.

Their minors - they can't make decisions. Clearly hunting animals is barbaric. We better jail the parents and take away their kids.

Where does it start? Where does it end?

Well if the parent chains the deer to a post in the back yard and then tells jr to shoot it because they forgot to make their bed in the morning then Yes. Yes i do think the parents forfeit parental rights there.

Forcing your kids to break the law is surprisingly against the law.

Top Bottom