• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    I find it offensive that I cannot open the link. The shirt? I don't know. lol :) My opinion..don't worry if it offends someone. It most likely WILL offend someone because people now a days are so easily offended. They'll deal with it.

*I post this while guessing the shirt doesn't have something OBVIOUSLY offensive on it. lol*

ETA...Welcome to INGO.

Juggernaut

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2010
    Owosso Mi
    Field of blue should be on the left....
    It may offend some Salty veterans. They wont like it because of that, and Liberals are offended by the USA period...

I'd say let the kid ware it and if someone is offended, mount 'em and punch their skull in!!!!
    But then again, I'm all about offensive t shirts...

Suprtek

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 27, 2009
    Wanamaker
    Just FTR, the flag code does state that the American flag should not be worn as clothing or used as part of any kind of advertising.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Many people are under the mistaken impression that they are being patriotic by wearing clothing depicting the flag when in fact it is actually an act of disrespect to the flag. I do not hold it against people for not knowing, but I do try to offer information if given the opportunity such as you have provided.

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    Just FTR, the flag code does state that the American flag should not be worn as clothing or used as part of any kind of advertising.

USFlag.org: A website dedicated to the Flag of the United States of America - United States Code

Many people are under the mistaken impression that they are being patriotic by wearing clothing depicting the flag when in fact it is actually an act of disrespect to the flag. I do not hold it against people for not knowing, but I do try to offer information if given the opportunity such as you have provided.

Good link my friend :yesway:

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake
    Even besides the fact that I wouldn't wear a shirt with a flag on it, that shirt reeks of tool.

In a nutshell, don't worry if someone is offended, but don't buy that shirt for your kid.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    I don't find it offensive but its not my thing. I've never been a fan of any of the MMA shirts. I've got friends that spend way too much on one of the fight brand clothing lines, shirts and jeans. I've noticed for probably 6 months that Walmart is carrying a generic line of MMA clothing.

Bendrx

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 3, 2009
    East Indy.
    You wont ever catch me wearing it. I wouldn't be offended as I don't feel it's intended to be disrespectful as far as wearing flags go. But it looks pretty trashy to me, specificly, the American flag looks trashy on that shirt. Maybe you could buy him a nice lapel Flag pin. Obama has one he doesn't wear, might sell it cheap.

The more I look at it the more I dislike it. My vote is now seriously the lapel pin. I'm sure you can get a mispelled "Venum" shirt without involving the American flag. But hey, it' still sort of a free country, so if it sits right with you then have at it. You might think more about why you found it questionable enough to post on here to get opinions. Just my :twocents:

ReSSurrected

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2010
    Bloomington
    I don't care much for the shirt, and I care even less for the manner of the presentation of the flag on it. But it's a free country, so it's your call.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    ???

It isn't prohibiting ANY speach (or anything else for that matter).

CLEARLY not a violation of anything.

§3. Use of flag for advertising purposes; mutilation of flag
    Any person who, within the District of Columbia, in any manner, for exhibition or display, shall place or cause to be placed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, drawing, or any advertisement of any nature upon any flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America; or shall expose or cause to be exposed to public view any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign upon which shall have been printed, painted, or otherwise placed, or to which shall be attached, appended, affixed, or annexed any word, figure, mark, picture, design, or drawing, or any advertisement of any nature; or who, within the District of Columbia, shall manufacture, sell, expose for sale, or to public view, or give away or have in possession for sale, or to be given away or for use for any purpose, any article or substance being an article of merchandise, or a receptacle for merchandise or article or thing for carrying or transporting merchandise, upon which shall have been printed, painted, attached, or otherwise placed a representation of any such flag, standard, colors, or ensign, to advertise, call attention to, decorate, mark, or distinguish the article or substance on which so placed shall be deemed guilty of a misdemeanor and shall be punished by a fine not exceeding $100 or by imprisonment for not more than thirty days, or both, in the discretion of the court. The words "flag, standard, colors, or ensign", as used herein, shall include any flag, standard, colors, ensign, or any picture or representation of either, or of any part or parts of either, made of any substance or represented on any substance, of any size evidently purporting to be either of said flag, standard, colors, or ensign of the United States of America or a picture or a representation of either, upon which shall be shown the colors, the stars and the stripes, in any number of either thereof, or of any part or parts of either, by which the average person seeing the same without deliberation may believe the same to represent the flag, colors, standard, or ensign of the United States of America.

Top Bottom