• ...and so much more!
  • JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Made it out this weekend to test fire the MM23eK which is Michael Machines shortened "HK"23e in 5.56 (shown with the full length barrel installed). The MM23eK can also take a 308 kit or next year a 7.62x39 kit. Roughed in the iron sights, fired 75 rounds semi and then the rest of the 400 rounds on full (reg sear). Worked great with not a signal failure. Whole different gun than the Shrike, works a lot smoother, in part due to being heavier (still ok for off hand shooting, in particular with the 12" barrel get's in this week).

Video and additional photos at http://www.556beltfed.com

Anyone else shooting the MM23e's drop me a line, always good to know where check for help and where spare parts might be at ;-)

nwf_mm23ek_rt_rear.jpg

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    The K model is a few thousand additional, but shoots a lot nicer off hand and IMO well worth the additional money. The other must have options are the front grip, extra barrels, SAW box adapter and the welded on optics rail .. if you are going to use an Aimpoint (mounts a lots lower).

More later, have to go back to cleaning and oiling ... rough day ;-)

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    The shorter K length barrel came, so on this nice of day one just hast to go out and test fire. The ~ 12" K barrel, worked find with LC XM193, Wolf 55gr and Wolf 75gr HP. Point of impact is same as the longer barrel.

Worked fine off hand and held much more steady than the Shrike (the MM23eK is also heavier ;-).

mm23ek_sky.jpg

mm23ek_lf.jpg

mm23ek_rt_side.jpg

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Stopped by friends this weekend and between setting up PCs was able to get some ammo linked (I am totally out of non tracer linked ammo in 223 for some reason ;-) and we got to shoot a few belts (500 rounds or nearly nothing for a belt gun). The shorter barrel is working well for off hand shooting and holds a much tighter pattern than the Shrike (which at 135 yards had an impact are best measured in yards). http://www.556beltfed.com

propoint_arms_mount_mm23ek.jpg

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    i never get tired of looking at that thing, its a work of art.

Need to get you some trigger time on it this year (I only have averaged shooting once every three days since it came in, however, due to shooting the linked ammo as fast as I am linking it, have only fired 1200 rounds ;-)

Last edited:

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Very nice JT !!!
    23ek is on my list as well !!
    I've shot 1 at mikes place ... They are Awsome !!

Have you fired the MM21eK in 308 or one of the full size 308s' yet?

I did not get over to Mike's to test shoot last year (health issues and work) so had to get the MM23eK based only on shooting friend's full size MM23es.

Had fired friend's HK21 conversions that were rough shooting, thus waited on ordering a 308 kit until after I fired one of guy's full size MM23 with a 308 kit, but after a half year he is too busy with newer toys.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    bball4life1234
    Top Bottom