• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    If Mitch decides to run for president he's going to have just as much trouble as Romney, when it comes to the healthcare debacle. He's managed to outdo Obamacare in some areas and is going right ahead with Obamacare implementation, for the most part. Cato makes a good point. He, like Romney, is going to look kind of ridiculous in a debate with Obama when the healthcare issue is brought up.

Mitch Daniels's Obamacare Problem | Michael F. Cannon | Cato Institute: Commentary

Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 17, 2009
    Tampa, FL
    Last I checked Indiana has a budget surplus.

Don't see a problem.

Oh wait, in the 70s he got a $200 fine for smoking a joint. What a closet full of skeletons he has. :rolleyes:

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Don't see a problem.

Oh wait, in the 70s he got a $200 fine for smoking a joint. What a closet full of skeletons he has. :rolleyes:

The point is that no one pure enough for some people to support him has a snowball's chance in hell of winning.

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT

Don't see a problem.

Last I checked, there was a deficit.
    Indiana Local Government Information Website: State Budget Outlook
    Indiana's budget deficit passes $1 billion - Indiana Economic Digest - Indiana
    State Budget Gaps: How Does Your State Rank?
    Indiana avoids budget crisis hitting most state governments - Feb. 14, 2011

We're certainly doing better than most states, and the Rainy Day fund that has acted as a cushion to that deficit is great policy. It should also be noted that the downturn hit revenue pretty hard. N. IN has taken an especially big hit with the US auto industry being what it is. To the extent that we do have a deficit, it isn't libtard spending driven.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    ^ This!

On the other hand no way I want Mitt R. He passed Pre-ObamaCare in MA and that is a freaking train wreck in terms of cost overrun. Thanks but no thanks. GPO find someone else!

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    ^ This!

On the other hand no way I want Mitt R. He passed Pre-ObamaCare in MA and that is a freaking train wreck in terms of cost overrun. Thanks but no thanks. GPO find someone else!

Fortunately, I think Romney is a complete non-starter for the nomination because of that.
    Daniels, if he decides to run, is probably going to be the go-to candidate for "Buckley Rule" adherents: “Always support the most conservative candidate who is electable.”

The problem with that is the fact that the MSM distorts the view of what "is electable" for conservatives, and in turn distorts GOP primaries to favor milquetoast jellyfish RINOs.

People throw their support to someone less conservative than they would really prefer, because they assume their top choice real conservative isn't "electable," creating this significant leftward shift within the party.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    Fortunately, I think Romney is a complete non-starter for the nomination because of that.
    Daniels, if he decides to run, is probably going to be the go-to candidate for "Buckley Rule" adherents: “Always support the most conservative candidate who is electable.”

The problem with that is the fact that the MSM distorts the view of what "is electable" for conservatives, and in turn distorts GOP primaries to favor milquetoast jellyfish RINOs.

People throw their support to someone less conservative than they would really prefer, because they assume their top choice real conservative isn't "electable," creating this significant leftward shift within the party.

Please provide a solution to this. Who is out there that is losing because the MSM has branded them as unelectable?

model67a

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2009
    jasper
    Right now we need someone who knows economics to get us out of this financial disaster. As I see it Mitch has the know how to do this!!!

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO

Please provide a solution to this. Who is out there that is losing because the MSM has branded them as unelectable?

?

Keith_Indy

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Noblesville
    It should also be noted that the downturn hit revenue pretty hard. N. IN has taken an especially big hit with the US auto industry being what it is. To the extent that we do have a deficit, it isn't libtard spending driven.

Auto and RV industry... Have you looked at the politics in Northern Indiana, it's not the Republican part of the state.

Regarding Daniels, the difference between him, Romney and Obama, is that Daniels has a state to run, and has to have a plan in place if Obamacare isn't repealed. All the current governors have that issue to deal with in the next 2 years. I'd rate Daniels as adequate on health care. Because of the extensive economic trouble, the safety net is going to sag for a while. We shouldn't mortgage our future, but we should still have compassion for our fellow Hoosiers. Everyone knows someone who's had a raw deal in the last decade.

Pragmatically, its a split decision right now if the Supreme Court will call it un-Constitutional. And the House Republicans could pass it, but the Senate Republicans are going to need Dem. support to make anything real happen.

Last edited:

Rob377

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Dec 30, 2008
    DT
    Auto and RV industry... Have you looked at the politics in Northern Indiana, it's not the Republican part of the state.

Definitely not GOP territory, for sure; heavily union, big UAW presence, strong "blue" components in the NWI region and so on. I get that.

IN.jpg

The point I was making is that Indiana revenues have taken a bigger hit as a whole than some other states because of economic sluggishness in what were major industries in the state.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    ^ This!

Mitt Romney, just a few days ago: "Obamacare is bad law, bad policy, and it is bad for America's families."

Edit: Not defending Romny, just the opposite. Pointing out his flip-flop based upon the political winds.

Last edited:

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Right now we need someone who knows economics to get us out of this financial disaster. As I see it Mitch has the know how to do this!!!

Hum. Agree but the easy solution is right in front of us. .GOV get the
    smiley-talk034.gif
    out of the way. Cut all the "entitlements" to .biz. No more farm subsizdes, no more biz stimulus, no more bailouts, etc...

While you are at it cut all the entitlments for the people as well. No more welfare, no more child tax credit, etc..

Sadly no one (no American) wants that level of pain to really get the country back on track.

Mitt Romney, just a few days ago: "Obamacare is bad law, bad policy, and it is bad for America's families."

AND? He and every other politican can say whatever they want. It's their past vote that count. For better for worse Romney got "RomneyCare" passed in MA which was the model for ObamaCare. So I don't care if he tells us "Elect me and I will give you 1/2 acre and a mule" BS. They are all talk!

He's a flip-flop just like the rest of them.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Michael.
    Top Bottom