• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    A note to cigar smokers in Indianapolis: Mister B's Cigar Shop in Avon is now telling their customers that they cannot open carry in their store. I know the main clerk (good friend) and know the owner, I am embarassed to know the owner now.

A few folks have been open carrying in the store, making the 'customers uncomfortable' (their excuse for this restriction). Their former policy used to be NO firearms, but when several of their customers were noted to be carriers, apparently they changed this unspoken and unwritten "rule". Their clerk (who is doing his job, the management are the ones running this one) is telling anyone who open carries that the management asks them to cover it up. They have no signs or other notifications of this 'rule'.

I am a concealed carrier (just not a fan of OC), this is not to start an arguement on OC vs. CC. Neither is it an arguement for property rights. I knew the former owner of the store (Bill Boyer), who was an avid sportsman and carried quite a bit, having no problems with open carry. When Bill died, the store was taken over by two business men, who appear to be disgusted with the second amendment. It is their right to disallow open carry. However, it is not germane to the cause and very restrictive to the traditional cigar smoking demographic: gun owners.

I going to vote with my wallet and take my business elsewhere. They can have their property rights, and I will preserve my right to defend myself in a way I choose.

Thanks for those who read this. Their website for emails is:
    Mister B's Cigar Box | Sit Back, Relax and Enjoy

hps

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 26, 2009
    Bills dead!!!? WOW He was a good guy and a heck of a trap shooter, and could hit a golf ball farther than most go on vacation.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Bills dead!!!? WOW He was a good guy and a heck of a trap shooter, and could hit a golf ball farther than most go on vacation.

I actually worked at the store for a short time when I was between jobs and knew Bill. He was a great guy. Straight forward and would tell you if he didn't like ya! :D The man really loved his Kimber!!

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    well I'm done shopping there then. Ill be letting them know right after I post this. I like Indy Cigar Bar much more anyway. Mr. B's is quite a bit closer to my apartment though.

g00n24

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    IN
    Here's my message to them:
    It has come to my attention that your store does not respect the God given rights afforded to the citizens of this country. Therefore, I will not be frequenting your establishment anymore because of your anti-firearms policy. Just prior to writing this message I have torn up my "Frequent buyer card." You should know that you may be losing a significant customer base because of your anti-gun policies. There is a thread on ingunowners.com concerning the anti-freedom stance your store has taken, and you can be assured that I, as well as many others, will be letting all of our members know how you feel about our right to defend our lives. I will be finding a new smoke shop to frequent to feed my expensive cigar habit from now on.

Ill let you guys know if they respond.

andrewheath

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I haven't gone to that shop in a good while. Ever since ownership and staff change the atmosphere just wasn't the same. Pretty much stopped enjoying cigars around the same time except for the rare celebration cigar.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    lol kirk...

Remember guys, they aren't "against guns", they are against open carry. Granted, their right, but still, it's another type of restriction that I think is asinine. Why be okay with one type of carry and not another? Another thing that got me was one customer was really adamant against open carry, pretty much saying it was getting customers upset when they wanted to relax. I cannot forsee this as an issue, but in my conversations with many customers there, this 'ala carte' regard for our rights is prevalent there and disgusting IMHO. They are okay as long as they are carrying, but how dare you in their presence? Not sure that is germane to the situation.

Other cigar bars I have carried in. Heck, Randy's (unfortunately close to Don's Guns) has had a worker that carried constantly, as well as several customers. I believe they will get more of my money in the future. :twocents:

Top Bottom