• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    I've read too many instances of firing while cleaning. Is it hard or unintuitive to verify the gun is unloaded before starting?

cbhausen

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    129   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    So now his fiancee is telling everyone they are getting rid of the guns in their house...

:ugh:

What a bimbo. Might as well tell the whole world you have voluntarily disarmed after an act of self-inflicted negligence. That's okay, I guess. There probably isn't anything in that house worth stealing, right?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    how can he own guns?

question 11.C "have you ever been convicted in any court of a felony or any other crime, for which the judge could have imprisoned you for more than one year, even if you received a shorter sentence including probation?"

question 11.I "have you ever been convicted in any court of misdemeanor crime of domestic violence?"

wikipedia on jose canseco

[h=2]Legal issues[edit][/h]On February 10, 1989, Canseco was arrested for reckless driving after allegedly leading an officer on a 15-mile chase. He was found guilty and fined $500.[SUP][41][/SUP]
    On April 11, 1989, Canseco was arrested in California for carrying a loaded semi-automatic pistol in his car.[SUP][42][/SUP] He was released on $2,500 bail and pled no contest.[SUP][43][/SUP][SUP][44][/SUP]
    On February 13, 1992, he was charged with aggravated battery for allegedly ramming his then-wife Esther's BMW with his Porsche.[SUP][42][/SUP] On March 19, 1992, Canseco pled not guilty to charges of aggravated assault and later underwent counseling and fulfilled a community-service requirement.[SUP][45][/SUP]
    Canseco was arrested in November 1997 for hitting his then-wife, Jessica. In January 1998, he pled no contest and was sentenced to one year probation and required to attend counseling.[SUP][46][/SUP]
    In October 2001, Canseco and his brother, Ozzie, got into a fight with two California tourists at a Miami Beach nightclub that left one man with a broken nose and another needing 20 stitches in his lip; both were charged with two counts of aggravated battery. The brothers both pleaded guilty and received both probation and community service.[SUP][47][/SUP]
    In March 2003, Canseco missed a court appearance while in California working out a custody dispute over his 6-year-old. The judge revoked his probation and sentenced him to two years under house arrest followed by three years probation.[SUP][48][/SUP]
    In June 2003, Canseco was arrested at his home for probation violation after he tested positive for steroids. Canseco spent a month in jail without bail.[SUP][49][/SUP]

On October 10, 2008, Canseco was detained by immigration officials at a San Diego border crossing as he tried to bring a fertility drug from Mexico. He stated the drug was to help with his hormone replacement therapy, needed due to his use of steroids.[SUP][51][/SUP] On November 4, 2008, Canseco pled guilty in Federal court and was sentenced to 12 months' unsupervised probation by U.S. Magistrate Judge Ruben B. Brooks.[SUP][52][/SUP]

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Like I said in the other thread:

It can happen to anybody. I like to think I'm as safety conscience as the next guy but I'm reluctant to ridicule someone, call them idiots, or whatever because all it takes is some sort of distraction, a lapse in judgement, and you're in the news.

T.Lex

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Mar 30, 2011
    Ironically, I think many baseball fans (and players) have given him a finger over the years.

Mike Grasso

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    May 5, 2014
    Westfield
    [h=2]A Public Service Announcement[/h]
    Recently several people, including Jose Canseco, have shot a body part off with an "empty" firearm. This bull**** is just bull****. If I may...For the 100,000 time in my career, let me say this once again...

The four fundamental rules of firearms safety:

NUMBER 1. All guns are always loaded
    1) No one is capable of telling from a glance whether a firearm is loaded or unloaded. With that, we treat all guns as if they are loaded and keep the gun pointed in a safe direction at all times.
    2) Every time a firearm is handled; it should be checked to verify whether or not there is a round in the chamber.
    3) During firearms training when dry manipulations or dry fire takes place, the firearm will still be treated as if it were loaded and pointed in a safe direction.

NUMBER 2. Never allow the muzzle to cover anything you are not willing to shoot
    1) This includes parts of the body, including the support hand.

NUMBER 3. Keep your finger off the trigger until your sights are aligned on the target and you intend to shoot
    1) The sights cannot be aligned any faster than the finger can be placed on the trigger.
    2) Firing an unaligned weapon can have disastrous results.
    3) Place the trigger finger on the trigger when the sights begin to align on target.

NUMBER 4. Be sure of your target
    1) Know what it is and what is behind it.
    2) Never shoot at anything that has not been positively identified.

Every time something like this happens, it negatively impacts our firearms rights, be smart and safe.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Come on Mike. He only violated three of the four rules. :n00b: Of course the final rule was irrelevant because he didn't have a target at all.

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009

yes,seriously?

he lied on the 4473! he lied on question 11.c, 11.I and a huge lie on 11.E (are you an unlawful user of marijuana,or any depresant,stimulant,narcotic drug, OR ANY OTHER CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE?) that would include steroids! you know like the title of his book Juiced: Wild Times, Rampant 'Roids, Smash Hits & How Baseball Got Big you know the term roid rage was named after him right?

he's an abuser, the dumb chick in the article says"She filed a temporary restraining order against him in 2011, but they later reconciled and got engaged" he's abused her (and others) in the past, and while im a firm beliver in everybody deserves a second chance, he's had his, and a third, and a fourth, and fifth. at this point that zebra wont change his stripes!, how long till she leaves him cause he beats the hell out of her?

nics should have denied the transfer, and since he's lied on the 4473 thats a federal charge! 10 years in prison!,(and that 10 years is even if you are denied)

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    It's possible he's had those guns for decades. He IS 50, after all. I imagine he's allowed to own them, or that fact would have been in the news stories since the media are so gleeful to paint guns poorly. His convictions must have been for misdemeanors?

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I'm sure no one own guns who is barred from owning guns under the law. What's this assumption he owned them legally? Where does that come from?

In any event, how do you know he lied on the 4473? When did he buy them, before or after these legal issues? Were they gifts? Did he buy them in private sales?

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    I'm sure no one own guns who is barred from owning guns under the law. What's this assumption he owned them legally? Where does that come from?

In any event, how do you know he lied on the 4473? When did he buy them, before or after these legal issues? Were they gifts? Did he buy them in private sales?

look at his conviction dates, and look at the date today, according to the report "Canseco, 50, and Knight moved to Vegas about two years ago, she said"

and "Canseco, according to Knight, has always owned guns as long as they have been together. “He keeps them for protection, self-defense,” she said."

and"She filed a temporary restraining order against him in 2011, but they later reconciled and got engaged."

and"She said Canseco showed his gun license to the police officers"

according to those dates, Canseco moved to vegas 2 years ago, had to get a gun license, and had a restraining order from 2011, along with all the previous charges? now, since lvmpd requires all felons to register, either he's never been covicted of a felony, OR he didnt tell them he was a felon, IF he never was convicted of a felony i extend my apologies to mr Canseco.

IF he was convicted of ANY crime that was punishable by more than 1 year EVEN if you received probation you are not a proper person, and cannot buy a firearm from a gunshop,OR recieve it as a gift, OR a private sale!(he got 18 month's probation for a fight he and his brother got into with two others in california in 2001)

either way, according to form 4473 mr canseco cannot buy a firearm from a gunshop, and has been charged with domestic violence at least twice, and if you remember when the domestic violence question was added to the 4473's how many police officers were fired because they couldnt leagly own firearms?,

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    With all the negligent discharges/accidents involving a second person I guess it's good to look on the bright side in this incident. He only injured himself.

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Meh, law of averages. He's was obviously a money making asset to people with power and they protected him from laws that would have shut down an average person's access to firearms. The fact that he blew his finger off just means that they couldn't protect him from that. Karma or whatever.

Top Bottom