• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • yj-guy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2009
    brazil
    have a freedom arms mini .22 revolver and i dont see how this is good self defense. bought it for the ole lady. she likes but i cant hit a 3x3' target at 5 yrds. it is more of a novelty but i would like a more accurate small hand gun. any suggestions for a lady:smileak:

KPierce

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Jeffersonville
    To be honest, and in my opinion only. The Freedom mini-revolvers may be too small for her to shoot accurately.

Do you have other guns ? And if so has she been marginally accurate with any of them ? If so start from there and try to figure out what you want the gun for and how it will be used.

If you're wanting to stay small caliber, there a number of very fine snubby revolvers from Taurus, Ruger, S&W to name a few makers who have 22 and 22 mag revolvers. With something a bit bigger I would think she would be able to get a better grip, which should help with accuracy.

dice dealer

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 8, 2008
    Harrison county
    My wife has several NAA mini revolvers she loves them ..

I have carried one of them for deep concealment ..

they are perfect for what they are designed for , if someone gets on you ..you put it in their gut and shoot ...

if you want to target shoot with them ...forget about it

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    Your observations seem to be correct, yj guy. If she can't hit a 3 foot target at 5 yards, then it probably isn't the right gun for her right now. Maybe it will be the right gun later, after she learns to shoot with a larger gun, but a gun that small isn't really made for teaching someone to shoot.
    Kpierce's post makes sense.

BUCK HINKLE

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    greenfield
    I have shot them but you have more guts then I do in a "go time" type of situation I think i might shoot my hand with something that small, but that might just be me.
    I am not the best shot in the world lol

rcox

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 31, 2009
    Jackson County
    I purchased a Ruger LCR for my wife. She has yet to shoot it, due to the weather. Bought it after reading good reviews, and it is so light to carry. shoots 38's and 38+P's.

colt45er

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I have one and it is a fun gun to shoot and I have carried it 1 time when I couldnt get away with anything bigger CC.

IT would not be my first choice though.

BRADIS had a belt buckle that has one on it. You can pull it off to fire.

Top Bottom