• ...and so much more!
  • clfergus

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southeast Indy
    Just looking on the ruger website.

wondering which model everyone likes. I see a wood/blue, stainless/synthetic, as well as a tactical model. I even saw one with a collapsing stock at PSS.

I would hunt on occasion and use it as a SHTF gun as well. Thanks for the opinions.

wally05

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    Personally, I'd try to the NRA edition with the heavier barrel. I hear it's a pretty consistent and accurate shooter. :) And it has a hogue stock. I held one at the Fort Wayne gun show back in February and loved it. But, I bought my colt 6920 instead.

Buckhunter

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Shelby Co
    I had a newer stainless/synthetic model that I loved. I've heard a lot of people complain about them but as for mine I never had any problems at all and it was a straight shooter.

Dyerbill

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jan 21, 2008
    NWIndiana
    Mini-14 is a larger caliber 10/22.
    Enough extras to make you broke, and with factory mags very trustworthy. I have blue and wood but if your buying new I would opt for stainless and synthetic. I have mine for plinkin' but it excels at shtf.:rockwoot:

motoman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 19, 2008
    Idaho
    i really have been wanting to get the new tactical model. i heard that they made it more accurate out of the box at the factory. what did they do to it to make it so. are they making the 30rnd mags again. i know new ones only come with one 20rnd mag.

ONTARGET

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I like the new Tactical as well. CDNN is the place to buy the genuine factory Ruger 20 and 30 round mags $29 for 20 and $39 for 30. I have a old stainless Ranch with the wood stock that I put a Choate M-14 style flash hider on. From what I hear on the new regular models it won't fit?
    syqlu1.jpg
    The new ones are supposed to be more accurate due to an upgrade in CNC manufacturing equipment. Ruger Mini 14 30rd Mag New Factory Hope this info helps?:ingo:

MadBomber

Master
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Brownsburg
    I have a late '80s model stainless and it's great. I've used it on many a coyote. I've been looking to find a good deal on another used one but it seems like everyone wants $600 and up. New they're only $617 so I'm going to hold out until I get lucky at $450-$500

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i have 2 mini-14's.the NRA one that i bought new that i love.and another one that i picked up at a pawnshop for $320.it has a crappy side folder stock on it that id like to replace with a wood stock.their an all around great gun.

Top Bottom