• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I don't want this to get into a debate ABOUT Cyrus.
    But I thought the attempts to stop ticket scalping is interesting.
    Ticketless, and must have the credit card used to buy it AND a government issued ID with you to gain entry.

Here is what Conseco sent me:

picture10a.png

Fletch

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 19, 2008
    Oklahoma
    That's an interesting idea, though I wonder how difficult/onerous the implementation actually is. I've always wondered if they'd figure out a simple way around scalping.

Ness2k

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 26, 2008
    China ^_^
    I bet they slide the card you used, and it brings up names and number of tickets you bought.

Of course some privacy freaks will have an issue with this. Probably because sometime in the future thousands of CC's will be stolen or whatnot.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    They are trying to let fans get tickets at face value. I see nothing wrong with that. Nor do I see anything wrong with scalping. I can understand why they want to do this. And if it works for them, so be it.

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    Honestly if I wanted to go to a concert and I have to give my credit card information once to pay for the concert and then give it again at the entrance I would be concerned. Why can't they just keep it simple they already scan the tickets too.

Boilers

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    ticketless seems simple and I bet most people hold onto their credit cars with a bit more security than a couple of Miley Cyrus tickets. :)

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Um.. what about those people who buy tickets as gifts for their children?

An example... For my 12th birthday, my dad got me tickets for the NKOTB concert at Deer Creek later that summer. Rather than have me have to go with my parents, he let my step-sister (17 or 18 at the time) be the chaperone for my younger sister and one of our friends. I really doubt my dad would have let Steph "borrow" his credit card to get us in the gate.

How do they get around that situation if you're required to present the credit card at the door?

Lucas156

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Mar 20, 2009
    Greenwood
    exactly. If am to go to an event that requires you to show credit card of purchaser before going inside I would just not go let alone pay for the ticket in the first place. Screw that. :)

wabash

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 8, 2008
    SouthWest Indiana
    yup. how many parents will hand their credit cards to their teen to take to the show?

also, some teens don't have a gov id.

also, so much for keeping used tickets as souvenirs.

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    It's a naive gesture to try and stop scalping.

Miley tickets in chicago were being sold for as high as 10x face value last time around. No joke one of my colleges bought them for their daughter, he was psyched to get them for 5x face value.

There is no real way to combat the scalping. Free market economy only works to the point where no one person (or group) can buy all the tickets before everyone else has a shot.

There are so many ticket blocks that get distributed well before the general populous gets them thats it's really b.s. to focus on the little guys and ignore the big players.

IMO ticketmaster should be shut down and ALL sales go thru the venue only. Limit on the sales of tickets per person at one time (max of x tickets at one time). Those who wait in line are serviced PRIOR to any online sales being allowed, a person can buy a max of x tickets per day per show.

Keep in mind that scalpers will have a dozen "friends/associates" try and buy as many tickets as allowed per person, a simple "x # per person doesn't work either.

But no, the answer here is to do some stupid crap like this.... people are idiots and will think this a great idea. They must address the issue of blocks of tickets being sold to companies that are nothing more than scalping institutions.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    You seriously just admitted to seeing NKOTB (12 yo notwithstanding), ON THE INTERNET????

At least it was their first tour. :p
    And at Deer Creek, too. Do you know how much it irks me to drive by there a few times a week and see the signs pointing to Verizon? :):

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    What about the people who don't buy their tickets, but rather win them from a radio station?

As for saving ticket stubs... it's not so tough to just save your seat locator slip. I think it's good that MC is trying to ensure she gets whatever her share of the money spent on tickets is.

That said, I still think this ill-thought-out move is a crock of :poop: that's going to bite her in the :moon:.

Wonder how fast they'd vapor-lock if the gov't-issued ID you showed was a LTCH? :lmfao:

Blessings,
    Bill

Top Bottom