• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Looks like Mr. Pence wants to get involved with your families. In his world it's the states responsibility to watch out for your families, along with their teachers and the cops. Yeah, this so-con is going to infiltrate every aspect of our lives, if he gets his way. Sounds a lot like Putin. Too bad Daniels term limited. At least he understood that social issues weren't in the best interests of the people in this state.

Promote Strong Families and Protect Children | Mike Pence for Governor

Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    So please explain your objection to promoting two-parent families, lifting restrictions on adoption, and encouraging and training teachers and police to notice signs of child abuse? Please explain how this detracts from parents' duty to take care of their children and not abuse them?

And, of course, explain how these actions are worse than John Gregg and Vi Simpson spending more of our tax money to do the same things?

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    So please explain your objection to promoting two-parent families, lifting restrictions on adoption, and encouraging and training teachers and police to notice signs of child abuse? Please explain how this detracts from parents' duty to take care of their children and not abuse them?

I would object on Big Brotherism grounds.

We don't need blue ribbon commissions, or summits, or impact studies.

Just eliminate welfare, ie stop the government from rewarding negative behavior as it does now, and the culture will respond in the positive direction.

LPMan59

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2009
    South of Heaven

And, of course, explain how these actions are worse than John Gregg and Vi Simpson spending more of our tax money to do the same things?

keep the gubbermint out of my trailer! i should be able to whoop my illegitimate INMED babies whenever I want. I love the tax credits I get too. Combine that with the WIC, TANF and SNAP benefits, plus all the money I make selling my Xanax, morphine and Norco, I make more money than any of you.

:rolleyes:

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Pence in a landslide. If Gregg gets elected you would have to call him in an Illinois motel. :D

Yeah, I still don't know what Gregg stands for. All I know is that he wants a cushy, high-paying job that gets him away from the old coots at the Bluebird.

Also interesting, the only way to see where Gregg stands on "the issues" is to sign up on his website. No anonymous viewing.

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    I see you've been taking lessons from Rambone in mountain-making.

Nothing in that article is "the state is watching you" or the state is "responsible" for controlling families.

Iroquois

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2011
    All I know is the idiot in chief to the west has doubled down on enormous debt. Estimates
    say 35 billion in 5 years..considering 4 out of the 5 highest offices are held by Chicago
    Dems , I ' ll vote for the republican.

DRob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Aug 2, 2008
    Southside of Indy
    Register now.................

Nothing in that article is "the state is watching you" or the state is "responsible" for controlling families.

.............for the online class, Mountains from Molehills 101. Tuition is free. Paranoia issued upon enrollment! Obvious angst on every topic a requirement. :rolleyes:

Bingo 88GT!

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    It's odd I'll give you that. I think he means well. BUT this is a set up for the law of unintended consequences due to misinterpretation. The first point in the article basically says new policies must include family impact studies. If this is used to prevent regulations that harm families it would be consistent with minimalist government. But my fear is that well meaning idiots will deliberately try to make families better. Which is what the next few points suggest could easily happen.

This is another example of sheep mentality of mainstream republicans. "ooh, family protection, I'm sure glad .gov is looking out for families."

indybuell

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Bargersville
    Worst campaign commercial I've seen in generations. I mean Pence dressed in jeans leaning on a truck isn't fresh, but the moustache/beauty salon route is just silly.

Hey! There were several INGOers in that commercial! If INGO swag was a little easier to get ahold of, I would have worn some.

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    Looks like Mr. Pence wants to get involved with your families. In his world it's the states responsibility to watch out for your families, along with their teachers and the cops. Yeah, this so-con is going to infiltrate every aspect of our lives, if he gets his way. Sounds a lot like Putin. Too bad Daniels term limited. At least he understood that social issues weren't in the best interests of the people in this state.

Here, I added the commentary unto the policy steps. I'm sure you're justified in your accusations.

Policy Steps:

• Issue an executive order requiring all relevant state agencies to draft a Family Impact Statement when they adopt new rules and regulations.....Why consider the nuclear family, which predates government when implementing new government policies?
    • Hold an annual summit, hosted by the Governor and First Lady, on the latest cutting-edge research and practices on the socioeconomic well-being of families.....Why go out on a limb to gather updated intelligence upon changes to the nuclear family?
    • Promote adoption by lifting means testing for school scholarships for families that adopt and/or provide care for foster children.....Orphanages are much more preferable than living in a home environment with parents.
    • Enhance inter-agency and state-local coordination on child services issues to ensure a complete continuum of care......The right hand doesn't need to know what the left hand it doing.
    • Enlist our teachers and our law enforcement officials in child protection by partnering with our schools and other local entities to review and enhance training......Recognition of signs and symptoms of detriments to those most unable to protect themselves is unnecessary.
    • Promote early intervention programs that identify and target services to at-risk youth......Why intervene early to remedy a problem, when the state can just CHINS a child, after it becomes too late.

Last edited:

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I would object on Big Brotherism grounds.

We don't need blue ribbon commissions, or summits, or impact studies.

Just eliminate welfare, ie stop the government from rewarding negative behavior as it does now, and the culture will respond in the positive direction.

^^^^^^^^^What he said^^^^^^^^^^^

Top Bottom