• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    Grandpa's old S&W .38 have been wondering how she shoots. I'm sure no where near as good as my granpa's "rattlesnake shot from horseback" story but his brothers backed him up on it so I won't add it to the tall tales list yet:D
    32f55f82.jpg

tmkr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    .38 S&W ammo is a bit hard to find,I found old box of factory loads at an lgs and a box of reloads at the local reloader's.Save your empties.My old S&W is very similar to yours but is devoid of any finish,mechanically it is in great shape,locks up tighter than some of my modern revolvers,is accurate and a blast to shoot.Have fun with yours.:cool:

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    Ok I picked up a box of ammo for it, and it shoots real good for fixed sites. As far as model I'm not sure.it just says .38 S&W ctg on the barrel and the only other markings are the patent no's. the holster has a story behind it too. Dad got it when he was a kid for one of his cap pistols, and grandpa said " thAt looks like it would fit my pistol." and that was the last dad saw of it for fifty years!

Last edited:

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    My gramps had one similar-gave it to my older bro.,who sold it w/out informing me. Don't let yours get away! Slick holster,BTW!

I hate that for you. My brother did that with Grand dads Remington shotgun.

Careful with what you run through that nice old gun. No +P or similar. She is a beauty and no need to hurt her.

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    This is new production 145 grain rounds. It shoots well but it is the dirtiest stuff I've ever fired. Supposed to be non corrosive tho,, seventeen + dollars for fifty rounds. I think it's good enough priced to shoot every now and then:)

camcdonnel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 26, 2012
    That is a beautiful revolver. Being the younger brother sucks sometimes as my brother got all of my grandpas guns when he passed.

dhisle

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2012
    Union County. Indiana
    I only ended up with it because dad traded a .22 to grandma for it. He tld it would be easier for her to shoot. Then dad give it to me an told me to put it up, otherwise my brother would have got it and it would have wound up in a pawnshop.

Top Bottom