• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • heffe3434

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 12, 2011
    NE Indianapolis
    Let me say first say that I have always shot "metal" guns.... 1911, hi-power, etc. and I felt that plastic guns were in my opinion dumb and should have never been made. That being said, I shot a M&P9 on the range today (thanks to a nice guy on the range). I have to say that I really liked it. I have shot Glocks and XD's before but they didn't feel right. This one did. I know absolutely nothing about this gun. Can anyone help me out?

95wrangler

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 10, 2011
    New Pal
    I love my M&Ps! They do "just feel right". The first handgun I bought was a glock 19 and I always felt like I was holding a bar of soap. The shape, not the slipperyness!:D The M&Ps are way more ergonomic!

Fedempl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    McCordsville
    I have owned nothign but Glocks and like the feel. Just pruchased a G19 Gen 4 and love the feel. I have tried others and just don't how they fit or feel in my hands.

But, you have to carry what your comfortable with and the feel is a big part of that. Everyone has their own opinion, buy what right for you.

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    I love my M&P 40 Pro Series... You can't go wrong with it! Its extremely durable, reliable and accurate and has interchangable backstraps. But as said above, carry whats comfortable and that you can shoot accurately.

jgarst

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 10, 2012
    Tipton
    I love my m&p 9. I'm with the other guys, it's just fits my hand so well. Plus I like the idea of supporting an American based company, but that wasn't the deciding factor.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    I love my M&P 40 Pro Series... You can't go wrong with it! Its extremely durable, reliable and accurate and has interchangable backstraps. But as said above, carry whats comfortable and that you can shoot accurately.

Yeah, you say that because you put that APEX trigger upgrade on it!!! Now THAT makes it a sweet feel on the trigger...

Now if you could just learn how to shoot with the correct (right) hand !

bullfrog4ever

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    AKA: IN_Sheeppuppy
    Yeah, you say that because you put that APEX trigger upgrade on it!!! Now THAT makes it a sweet feel on the trigger...

Now if you could just learn how to shoot with the correct (right) hand !

Hey now, don't be jealous. :D Besides, you can get the APEX AEK trigger now to go with you're DCAEK. Its just like the FSS Trigger, but made for DCAEK/CAEK or to replace the standard trigger.

ArmedRPh

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 25, 2012
    I just dropped in the APEX DCAEK in my M&P .45 yesterday. I can't believe how much that improved the trigger pull. Took out all the grittiness and gave a very definite breakpoint that was lacking in the OEM. I wouldn't think about carrying another M&P without this mod. Less than 100 bucks from APEX, shipping included.:yesway:

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    I felt the same way initially and grudgingly gave a Glock a try. I was amazed at the performance, the ease of maintenance, the simple nature of it...just everything made sense about the gun. It never felt perfect to me but it opened my mind to a new world of possibilities. The Springfield XD and XDm autos are fine guns but I never did give them a proper chance before getting rid of them but once I bought that first M&P I felt I had found Nirvana. It was the first series of guns in all the standard calibers that fit my hand. The 9mm Glocks would chew the webbing of my hand up and the XDm felt top heavy, but from my M&P9c to my M&P9 Pro and my M&P45 they all shoot, carry, work and feel fantastic.

I may be in the minority but I actually prefer the stock M&P trigger. I spent some time at the range with my Glocks and Smiths and the more I shot the more I loved the M&P trigger. It didn't matter if I was rapid firing or trying to punch through the same hole I had shot the previous time, it just felt better.

IN_Sheepdog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Northwest aka "da Region"
    M&Ps are good weapons. I did sell mine and bought a Sig P239. It is my EDC. Do the due diligence. I will never sell the Sig

Hey Bullfrog, you want to chime in on your "Sig" experience with the P250? I think you have that one on the sales block now to get that M&P Shield dont you? Your close enough, Maybe Dyerwatcher wants another SIG, so you can have the cash for that M&P Shield from the NRA show that you Drooled and slobbered over for two days... :)

Top Bottom