• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Marlin7

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 10, 2012
    North Liberty
    I am thinking of taking a course there and would like to know if anyone has any experience there.

More specifically how does it compare to Midwest Gun Exchange in Mishawaka. I know that both places are owned by the same people.

The few time I have been in Midwest Gun Exchange I have not been impressed.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I have bought 3 guns from midwest but never taken a class. Since you're in the area, I can tell you that kodiak range offers great classes.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    Kodiak is closed until further notice according to their Facebook page. Kodiak was my first choice since it is closer to my house.

Wowzers. Hopefully its not too long. Was gonna get a group together for the shoot house later this spring. Interesting...

Gluemanz28

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Mar 4, 2013
    Elkhart County
    I am a VIP member at MGR in Elkhart. They are really a nice bunch of guys there. I haven't taken a class there but I do know a guy that teaches there. He does one on one. Shoot me a PM and I will get you his information.

seeker1321

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    Elkhart
    I took the Basic NRA pistol class at Midwest Gun and Range a couple of years ago. I thought it was a good class, instructor was very knowledgeable, and I learned a lot as a first time gun owner.

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Kodiak will be open again soon. They are redoing the ranges. They have a great selection of courses.

I have also talked to a guy who did some training with Titus Firearms in Elkhart. He was pretty happy with it.

Steve B

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    KEWANNA
    I knew i should have gotten over there last summer. It's hard to go to a range when you have one at your house. I would have liked to tried the shoot house out though.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    I knew i should have gotten over there last summer. It's hard to go to a range when you have one at your house. I would have liked to tried the shoot house out though.

I went through it twice, most recently last memorial day. It was terrific. If I knew it was going away I would have gotten the boys together for 1 last go around. Ah well....

Kb9qcd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 1, 2013
    South Bend
    I loved their shoothouse, but it took up 1000 sqft and was little used. The price of entry held a lot of people back. I really enjoyed the holiday themed shoots. but, again it wouldn't pay the bills. The space and the fact they need a Range Officer to stay there the whole time contributed to the high hourly cost. Personally, I am looking forward to a better Kodiak, but as Dr. Evil said, "need info."

Top Bottom