• ...and so much more!
  • Status
    Not open for further replies.

Gunslinger45

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 2, 2013
    Why are these knives, and microtech knives in general, so hard to find!? I've literally searched everything under the sun to find an ultratech but there only seems to be a few makes/models available. Does microtech only produce x-amount a year and when theyre gone theyre gone? Or did I miss the memo that they just aren't made any more? If anyone has info on where to find IN STOCK ultratechs, please pass it along!:n00b::n00b:

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    Why are these knives, and microtech knives in general, so hard to find!? I've literally searched everything under the sun to find an ultratech but there only seems to be a few makes/models available. Does microtech only produce x-amount a year and when theyre gone theyre gone? Or did I miss the memo that they just aren't made any more? If anyone has info on where to find IN STOCK ultratechs, please pass it along!:n00b::n00b:

I have been a direct dealer with Microtech for the last four years. Microtech is not like a traditional knife company that mass produces their product. I believe there is only about 12 to 15 people that work for Microtech. When they make a certain model, they make very short runs, usually 500 or less, then they change over the tooling for the next model. Not all of the blade options will be made, so that limits selection even more. With them (Microtech) working on new models, plus current models, some times it can be a year or so before they cycle back to a certain model. Currently with several other states besides Indiana that repealed their switchblade laws, Microtech can't keep up with the demand. Everything they are making is already spoken for....no excess inventory. BTW: I have a few Ultratech models in stock. :)

Last edited:

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    Yes, but haven't been billed yet, so I don't even know the prices yet. I can't sell them until I pay for them. :):

If you didn't have to pay they must be free...Gimmie!!!

I saw a green one today that was pretty sweet. I'm guessing you got to just take what you can get though.

Bradsknives

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 1, 2010
    Greenfield, IN.
    If you didn't have to pay they must be free...Gimmie!!!

I saw a green one today that was pretty sweet. I'm guessing you got to just take what you can get though.

You can pre-order all you want....any model with any blade configuration, but if they don't make it, or it takes a year to get it, what is the point. Right now with the current situation, I'm lucky to get what I can. One of the problems right now is Microtech lost one of their key employees, she was top notch, and kept all of the dealers informed of production schedules, which made it easy to put in a pre-order when you know what they are actually going to make. I haven't seen a production schedule in who knows when.

william

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 3, 2011
    Fishers
    You can pre-order all you want....any model with any blade configuration, but if they don't make it, or it takes a year to get it, what is the point. Right now with the current situation, I'm lucky to get what I can. One of the problems right now is Microtech lost one of their key employees, she was top notch, and kept all of the dealers informed of production schedules, which made it easy to put in a pre-order when you know what they are actually going to make. I haven't seen a production schedule in who knows when.

We talked about that earlier. Sounds like they could use a little help. Too bad they aren't here in Indiana I would love to work for a gun or knife company. I'll take what I can get. I'm already waiting on another NF scope I ordered and some other parts that are hard to find. I also PMed Knifelady about another knife to order earlier. Plus my suppressor is pushing the 7 month mark now...I'm running out of patience! I should have held onto the Ultratech until I got the new one in my hands. I wanna be a legal owner!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Top Bottom