• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    I don't see much on here about them, does anyone know where I might be able to go and handle one. I am looking for some sort of pocket pistol. I have held the sig p238 and sig p232 and I really like the feel of those but I do not want to jump on one of them without trying out some others first.

A friend of mine has an lcp and he doesn't like to shoot it, I would prefer to stay away from poly frames cause I just don't care for the feel. I do like wood grips and will probably get some custom grips for whatever pistol I get next.

Please let me know if there are any others out there that I just have to try and also if you can please tell me where I might find them as well. I live on the north side of indy so please keep that in mind.

thank you in advance

rawtown

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    I personally have a LCP and enjoy it, But if you are looking to stay away from the polymer frames have you thought about the Walther PPK in a .380? Thats another sturdy small pocket gun that has tons of popularity.

Side not I have only held the Sig P238 Nitron with Rosewood grips it does feel so nice and is just well so damn pretty.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have handled a few in my area, but that is a little far from you. I have heard some good some bad about them, but no personal experience firing them, just holding them. If you get one please let us know how it shoots for you. They dont feel too bad in the hand to me.

mrfjones

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Chico
    We have a large assortment of 380's in the shop and I beleive that we do have a Micro as well. Come by Indy Trading Post on Madison Ave and we can help you out.

I will try to make it down there soon, thank you

I have thought about the ppk but I do like the sig version better. If I find the right deal I would not let it pass on any of these guns.

Idealy I would have a 3" 1911 to carry but they are expensive and pretty hard to find. I am a big fan of springfields but when I can buy two of these for the price of one emp I will go with the best feeling smaller pistol possible.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Some of the early ones had metallurgical problems...

Many of the slides cracked right between the barrel opening and the guide-rod opening.

I certainly hope they've gotten that issue fixed by now.

(a few reports of the above I read through over on GlockTalk)

-J-

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    If you can find a Diamondback 380 I would look at it. I have 1 and also aLCP with a Crimson Trace laser. The DB380 is a hell of a lot more comfortable to shoot and is just as accurate without the laser. For a pocket gun the fit and finish is pretty good.

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Yet another for the DB380. I have the regular version (my wife carries it), and I have the Nickle plated one in lay-away...

MilitaryArms

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    This just replaced my LCP as my primary pocket pistol:

831385715_kjjC8-L.jpg

bigworm

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 16, 2009
    hobart
    i just bought me a bersa i have big hands and it felt good to me i am still on hold though so i will let you know how it shoots

Top Bottom